Follow

Vampirella

Character » Vampirella appears in 945 issues.

Considered one of the earliest ‘bad girls’ in comics, Vampirella is a Vampiri from Drakulon.

Vampirella & the Scarlet Legion Coming in May

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    The new Vampirella series from Dynamite Entertainment is a hit. The main covers from issue #1 sold out and Vampirella #2 is close to a sell out as well. Dynamites recent Vampirella Archives Vol. 1 was #1 on Hardcover Graphic Books New York Times Bestseller List for the week of January 23rd. What more can Dynamite do with the female vampire? 

Today Dynamite has announced that they will re-introduce The Scarlet Legion to Vampirella's mythology. In May's Vampirella & the Scarlet Legion #1, the Crimson Chronicles, the foul bible of blood, foretells the coming of Chaos, the Destroyer and his servants on Earth. Vampirella has stood between the vicious cult and their Mad God ways since her earliest days. When an ancient prophecy of doom is uncovered and there's a new push to resurrect the foulest demons, it's clear that Vampirella won't be able to take them on alone. The Scarlet Legion is assembled to keep back the dark things and protect the world from the evils which lie beyond.  

Will the Legion see Vampirella as a friend...or a foe? 
     == TEASER == 
    Writing this new series will be Joe Harris with his first work at Dynamite. 

"I'm stoked to be working on a Vampirella story, one of the baddest, sexiest and most iconic characters and properties in horror comics," says writer Joe Harris.  "We're looking to do something big and sprawling with a bit of a globe-spanning sweep to it. A big screen adventure interwoven with some some frightening and truly horrific moments that, I hope, will help keep the dark scary. Vampirella & The Scarlet Legion expands our vampire heroine's inner circle a bit, but not always with friends. Sometimes rivals, or even enemies, make for more interesting dynamics. We're doing horror, after all. You want to keep things tense, and less than rosy. I'm a big fan of what Dynamite has been able to do in this market and I'm both proud and humbled to be on board. They've taken some great properties and really carved out a space for themselves. Nick Barrucci is a true patron of this industry and it's no wonder Dynamite have gotten a lot of well-deserved attention lately."  

You can find out more when the series debuts in May. For now, check out these preview pages courtesy of Dynamite. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Video_Martian

Damn, I REALLY need to start checking out this series =P

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Silkcuts

I really enjoyed issues #1 and 2.  But a second series... this is when I feel the money grabbing and debate how work it is getting this monthly.  I'll definitely check out issues #1.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By NightFang3
    @mr.obvious said:
    " Damn, I REALLY need to start checking out this series =P "
    Its a pretty good comic that you'll probably enjoy. 
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Silkcuts
    @NightFang said:
    " @mr.obvious said:
    Its a pretty good comic that you'll probably enjoy.  "
    agreed
    Yumulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Yumulu

Ah Vampi do you ever stop posing?

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Video_Martian
    @NightFang said:
    " @mr.obvious said:
    Its a pretty good comic that you'll probably enjoy.  "
    Thanks 4 the recommendation, I'll still try to look for it on my free time =D
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Caligula

Why are all Vampires bucktoothed? even when their mouths are closed their fangs are still showing...

I'll be picking this up and i dig Vampirella.

@aztek the lost said:

" why is there a controversy over WW changing her costume but not Vampirella? "

I concur.
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Silkcuts
    @Yumulu said:
    " Ah Vampi do you ever stop posing? "
    Why should she, she is the original Badgirl that is why we love her..lol
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Silkcuts
    @aztek the lost said:
    " why is there a controversy over WW changing her costume but not Vampirella? "
    DC Comics have more Pull in the media's string pull department. Poor Dynamite doesn't have the same resources to make a big deal to attract the non-comic readers.  Plus WW is "iconic" hero, Vampi is the OG Badgirl.  As long as she is sexy on her covers, the boys will buy the comics for the covers alone.  Because her covers still sell the sex, how is there controversy?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.