Follow

Valkyrie

Character » Valkyrie appears in 1016 issues.

The Asgardian goddess Brunnhilde is one of Asgard's mightiest warriors and the leader of the Valkyrior, Odin's choosers of the slain. Known simply as "Valkyrie" outside of Asgard, she is a long-time member of the Defenders and more recently also a member of the Avengers.

Time in the Spotlight?

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DH69

Marvels been featuring alot more of Valkyrie in the past few years starting with minor cameo's, and a enjoyable one-shot, then small arcs like lady liberators in she-hulk and the begining issues of red hulk, then after seige she got a place on Steve Rogers new black ops secret avengers team, she still has a noticable part to play in the end of Fear Itself being one of the heroes who'll become a member of the "Mighty", and now she is being featured quite prominently in alot of teasers for marvel next pointless money eating event "Shattered Heroes" (rolls eyes)

So heres my question, Is she gonna be marvels newest focus point for Marvel ladies? or is she gonna be fazed out into the background in the coming year.

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Baddamdog

It's clear they're trying to make Valkyrie a bigger figure, which I'm so excited about, she's going to be a major figure in Shattered Heroes and hopefully people will start noticing her more

MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By MutenRoshi

will she be in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes toon?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Well that time in the spotlight was certainty short lived :S unfortunately. She's been one of my favorite characters since first picking up a random issue of The Defenders when I was a kid. Loved The Fearless arc along with The Doom Maidens story, though the last six issues on The Fearless Defenders left a lot to be desired, too many characters and lacking cohesion. I didn't care at all for the decision to link her and Annabelle Riggs, as though Valkyrie can't be interesting without being tied to a mortal host, though I suspect it was an attempt to make her character openly gay to appeal to LGBT readers, could be wrong but it was the impression I got. Anyway been wondering what happened with her after Fearless Defenders was shelved, seems she's just been completely forgotten.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.