X-O Manowar vs. Shadowman vs. Harbinger

#1 Posted by SmashBrawler (5638 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by SmashBrawler (5638 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm planning to add another Valiant book to my pull list and I've decided to choose between these three titles. X-O Manowar and Shadowman are the ones that interest me the most. I'm interested in reading Harbinger because of the upcoming Valiant event, Harbinger Wars (although I have heard great stuff about this book as well).

The Valiant book I'm already reading is Bloodshot.

#3 Posted by The_Tree (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

I like X-O Manowar the most. I enjoy the whole man out of time concept, the action is great, and I also like its alien invasion aspect. Harbinger is my number two pick.

#4 Edited by SmashBrawler (5638 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and for the record, I have no idea why I put that D option there since the only other Valiant book around is Archer and Armstrong (which does look kinda cool, but it's not in the top of my priority list).

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm going to use Option D to check the results later on.

#5 Posted by DJ1107 (244 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler:

A&A isn't the only other Valiant title around. There's also Bloodshot which dispite the intoxicating smell of the 90's all over it (The name, The design, The guns) It's actually really good from what I've heard. Then again all of Valiant's book have been good.

#6 Posted by SmashBrawler (5638 posts) - - Show Bio

@DJ1107: I know, I did mention that Bloodshot is the Valiant title I'm currently reading. Anyway, which of those three would you recommend?

#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (14704 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the most Bloodshot.The thing is really awesome and it is pretty bloody which I like.

#8 Posted by The_Tree (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL. I guess no one can read the OP.

#9 Posted by SmashBrawler (5638 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

I like the most Bloodshot.The thing is really awesome and it is pretty bloody which I like.

Ahem...

@SmashBrawler said:

#10 Posted by k4tzm4n (40826 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, they're all amazing but X-O is my favorite.

Staff
#11 Posted by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler:

I'm reading all three :D

I went with Harbinger although X-O is a really close second.

Shadowman is really good too but so far its just been a lot of build up. : /

so yeah, if you have to pick between X-O and Shadowman, go for X-O Manowar. HARBINGER IS REALLY COOL THO!

#12 Posted by SmashBrawler (5638 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumping for great justice.

#13 Posted by rasx (242 posts) - - Show Bio

XO if you like good scifi.

Shadowman if you like supernatural stuff with crazy villains.

A&A has a lot of politics and religious stuff done in a really funny way.

My favorites are Bloodshot and Shadowman.

#14 Posted by JakeN7 (11762 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

I'm planning to add another Valiant book to my pull list and I've decided to choose between these three titles. X-O Manowar and Shadowman are the ones that interest me the most. I'm interested in reading Harbinger because of the upcoming Valiant event, Harbinger Wars (although I have heard great stuff about this book as well).

I would pick Shadowman, but that's only because I'm only reading that and Bloodshot. I've thought the same thing about Harbinger in regards to Harbinger Wars. I ended up asking k4tzm4n about it, and he said all three titles (Bloodshot, Harbinger Wars, and Harbinger) are going to be pretty self-contained and you don't need to know anything about the other two books to enjoy just one of them. Plus, with the event itself being a limited series, and the recap pages at the front of each book, you should have no trouble understanding what's going on. So I wouldn't let Harbinger Wars be the deciding factor in which other Valiant title you want to read.

#15 Posted by SmashBrawler (5638 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh sh!t, I can't believe I forgot about this thread. And the other Valiant book I'm reading is...

X-O Manowar!

Thanks to everyone who voted and commented.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.