Follow

Valiant/Acclaim

Publisher »

Valiant Comics began as an imprint of Voyager Communications, established in 1989 in part by former Marvel editor-in-chief Jim Shooter. It was discontinued in 1996 after being bought out by Acclaim Entertainment. After Acclaim closed its doors in 2004, the publisher was revived as Valiant Entertainment and has been publishing new material since May 2012.

Valiant Trinity?

magicman620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By magicman620

Who are the Valiant trinity of the Valiant universe?

rasx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By rasx

old Valiant- Solar, Magnus, X-O Manowar

new Valiant- X-O Manowar, Bloodshot, Armstrong

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#3  Edited By TronHammer

For the new Valiant I think it would be X-O Manowar, Bloodshot, and Ninjak.

SirDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SirDesmond

They are definitely pushing Archer and Armstrong big time. It seems to me like they would have to be on the list as would X-O Manowar. Not sure about the last one though, maybe Ninjak depending on what they do with him.

Avatar image for thekingdomofike
    thekingdomofike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abram, Myshka, and Kazmir if you're looking for the most powerful.

Toyo, Amanda, and Peter if you're looking for a the-smart-one-surrounded-by-the-powerful-ones team.

Faith, Amanda, and Neela if you're looking for unobtrusively diverse.

Ivar, Aram, and Gilad if you're looking for... uh... I don't know. They're just another trinity.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
    Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the new Valiant I think it would be X-O Manowar, Bloodshot, and Ninjak.

I kind of think so to for now.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

The question was posted at the end of 2011 shortly before VEI announced the Summer of Valiant. I believe magicman620 only wanted to know which were the most iconic/popular Valiant heroes that would likely be the first to be published during the Summer of Valiant (in 2012).

There is no Trinity as in who are the Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman in the Valiant Universe and right now there is only one flagship title and character and that is X-O Manowar and in VEI's publication history it has always been X-O Manowar.

In terms of popularity I'd say the current Trinity would be X-O, Faith, and Shadowman. X-O because he simply "is" the most popular. Faith, because Valiant has been pushing her for more than a year now and she's likely Valiant's most popular character among non-Valiant fans. Shadowman, because almost every Valiant fan wants another Shadowman series.

Spideyflash19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think going off of what @donfelipe said...

The current Trinity to me, looking at popularity would Ninjak (Batman; non-powered character), X-O Manowar (Superman; Sci-Fi character), and Shadowman (Wonder Woman; magic based character). I say this because, if you look at it everyone loves Ninja-k and they call him Valiant's Batman, X-O Manowar is considered to be very similar to Captain America (being a man/soldier out of time and all) along with being the most popular in the new wave of Valiant comics, and Shadowman because he was the first comic to jump start this new era for Valiant and a lot of the old and new fans of Valiant love Shadowman.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

He, some threads never die.

What about the big elephant in the room? Simply based on Vin Diesel's posts about the upcoming Bloodshot movie on social media I dare to say Bloodshot easily is the best known (=popular) superhero of the Valiant Universe among non-Valiant fans right now and their numbers easily outnumber the diehard Valiant fans from the 90s and 2012. Diesel's posts have been viewed more than a million times, each. Valiant is currently selling ~ 50k per month. Diesel's got more than 50 million followers on his Instagram account. His name alone will sell plenty of movie tickets. Long story short, among the wider audience Bloodshot may even be the only popular Valiant hero as of now. Some may know other characters but are they really popular?

Among Valiant fans who still keep reading the books these days it may certainly be X-O Manowar, Ninjak, and Shadowman. But it's really hard to think of them as some sort of Trinity. As someone who isn't really following any of the Big-2's comics anymore I still know who the Trinity are. They've been featured in their own series, they've always been part of the Justice League. Valiant doesn't have such a rich history when it comes to team books. There really isn't anything similar to DC's Trinity. Another problem is Valiant's strategy of only publishing a handful of books per months meaning some characters are constantly put on hiatus. As a reader you'll never know when they will return again; for instance, Shadowman. One of the best series in recent months....eleven issues and he's gone again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.