Follow

Valiant/Acclaim

Publisher »

Valiant Comics began as an imprint of Voyager Communications, established in 1989 in part by former Marvel editor-in-chief Jim Shooter. It was discontinued in 1996 after being bought out by Acclaim Entertainment. After Acclaim closed its doors in 2004, the publisher was revived as Valiant Entertainment and has been publishing new material since May 2012.

Valiant Teases UNITY for November

• 65 results
    CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@longbowhunter: Let us know what you think. Which did you get? I recommend trying them all, each of their titles have a different flavor and all are pretty solid.

ThelmaMarsh20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By ThelmaMarsh20

my co-worker's sister makes $71/hr on the internet. She has been out of a job for eight months but last month her pay was $21149 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more on this web sit. ===>>> www.bay91.com <<<===

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

@captainhoopla: I bought volume one of Bloodshot, Harbinger and Shadowman on eBay. I've read the first issues to all of them digitally and enjoyed them enough to peak my interest.

Hanson724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the first I've heard of this and I can't wait. If you've been reading Valiant than you know this is a natural progression of the whole universe and if Aric is going to try to take back his homeland he's going to meet resistance. This is not some made up event to boost sales.people need to jump on this you won't regret it. The only Valiant book I'm not pulling right now is Archar and Armstrong and that's just because of my budget, I'm sure it's great also.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm surprised that there are Valiant fans on here, I thought the CV community were all about Marvel & DC. Maybe there is hope for the human race after all.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Unity again? Nice! I enjoyed that crossover event back in the 90s and it seems they are doing it again in a whole new fresh way :) Awesomeness!

Avatar image for world_breaker_elmo
    World_Breaker_Elmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised that there are Valiant fans on here, I thought the CV community were all about Marvel & DC. Maybe there is hope for the human race after all.

Marvel and DC characters have devolved into such teen drama nonsense as: who is dating/sleeping with whom, pointless egoism written into male characters by having them routinely "alpha up" on one another, and just the overall lack of any real humility that so many of these characters are shown to display today.

Taking a look at these Valiant characters is a real treat in the sense that they in general, and their world, seem like such a throwback to the classic eras of comics. Heroes just being heroes and the action flowing naturally because of that.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#58  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

It's not an event it's an ongoing team book

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

@jonny_anonymous said:

It's not an event it's an ongoing team book

Interesting... the ongoing part! I don't really like such team books and would prefer a limited series but maybe Valiant can/will change my mind?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#62  Edited By Extremis

@longbowhunter: I'm interested to hear how you're enjoying them. It was so much fun when I first got into Valiant. So many new and fresh characters, a whole new universe to explore. There's really no turning back once you've been exposed to great storytelling that they're doing over there. Valiant is by far my favorite publisher.

And yes Unity is an ongoing. Valiant is not as black and white with who their heroes and villains are or their alliances as the big 2. Its not here are the good guys and here are the bad guys, now watch. its much more complicated than that. t's really a more realistic and natural look at how these things would actually progress. Unity will be a book it seems where heroes and villains unite against X-O as he presents what will probably seem like a new threat to the world. Guy is just in the wrong place at the wrong time, literally.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By longbowhunter

@extremis: I knocked out all three trades in a day. Now I need to go pick up the first XO trade. Your right it is a lot of fun to explore new characters in a new universe. I don't know any of these characters or what their agendas may be. A lot less predictable.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@longbowhunter: yeah glad youre enjoying the unpredictability and don't forget the Valiant credo: dead means dead. No one is ever safe.

What's your favorite book so far? Just know they each got better in their second arcs. Valiant fans cherish the Renegades arc (2nd arc in Harbinger) and Enter Ninjak will introduce you to, well, Ninjak. Super cool character and a great story arc. Shadowman picks up too. You should also check out Quantum & Woody issues one and two. They've been getting rave reviews early on and are very popular thus far.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By longbowhunter

@extremis: Shadowman was definitely my favorite. Harbinger was really good too. I plan on picking up more trades soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.