Valiant Joins Free Comic Book Day

Posted by k4tzm4n (49299 posts) - - Show Bio

On Saturday, May 4th, Valiant will release not one, but two comics for next year's Free Comic Book Day. So if you haven't checked out Valiant yet because of your budget, hopefully this will give you a chance to get a taste of its universe for free and see what you've been missing.

First up is VALIANT 2013: HARBINGER WARS FCBD SPECIAL. In case you missed the HARBINGER WARS announcement, that'll be the publisher's first crossover event and it looks like it'll be a hell of a lot of fun. This free 32 page comic will give you an exclusive look into the event containing the characters from BLOODSHOT and HARBINGER (both awesome titles, by the way). The issue will also give you a peek into X-O MANOWAR, ARCHER AND ARMSTRONG, and SHADOWMAN (yet again, all awesome).

The second comic will be all about the best stories from the classic Valiant universe (VALIANT MASTERS). This is the first time these remastered stories will be collected together and it'll include cameos from Ninjak, Shadowman, Eternal Warrior and more.

Check out the covers for both below.

Are you already reading Valiant's comics? If not, do you plan to check these out?

#1 Posted by Arevish (302 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay, free comics! :3

#2 Edited by grifter78 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

Valiant continues to be awesome month after month! I just wish they'd find a way to lower the $3.99 price point. I know that's why a lot of people don't try them. I'd be in the same boat if it weren't for Discount Comic Book Service. It's even affected how they do their trades. Each of the new trades are only $9.99 but they each only have four issues (except for Harbinger which has five). If they could find a way to lower the price on singles or up their trade content without raising the price too much I know more people would try them.

#3 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

the first are only 10 bucks and if you cut some of dc or marvel you can easily afford vailaint comics

i spend a lot less money on valaint than i would marvel.

#4 Posted by MSchiwal (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah there is no excuse to not buy these books. The quality of each title speaks for itself and I havent read a bad issue yet. Even people who pirate the issues should still pick up the trades since they are so cheap.

#5 Posted by Mucklefluga (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay! I can finally pick up a comic that has Valiant on it! :D

#6 Edited by haydenclaireheroes (9192 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY love that Free Comic Book day news is coming out so soon

#7 Posted by nappystr8 (1126 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think anyone can deny that the Valiant Comics resurgence has been anything other than a financial and creative success, but these FCBD issues they keep pumping out are a snore-fest of missed opportunity. I would prefer if they just did a reprint of one of their #1 issues, that way people coming in might actually get an idea of how these books work and what they are about, instead of having 2 or three page previews that companies like Marvel and DC give away for free every day of the year. I used one of my limited choices of free comics last FCBD for the Valiant Sampler, and found it a complete waste of my time. I'll be skipping these.

Yet again, nothing against their actual books, they are great. Shadowman is one of my favorite series each month so far.

#8 Posted by cuddles666 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

They misspelled "Valiant" in the title of this article. Not cool.

#9 Edited by k4tzm4n (49299 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddles666 said:

They misspelled "Valiant" in the title of this article. Not cool.

I was up until 4:30am to make sure I didn't miss the scoop on the JL movie. Sometimes typos happen, especially when you're sleep and coffee deprived.

Besides, was kind of enough to make the edit before I noticed.

#10 Posted by carnivalofsins00 (938 posts) - - Show Bio

It took me a bit of time to get into Valiant, but I am enjoying when I'm reading so much. I'm reading Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, and X-O Manowar. Archer & Armstrong is my favorite of those books, with Manowar a close second.

#11 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite as of now is xo with Shadowman right behind it.

#12 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

The FCB is for people to get taste of the books each publisher comes out with.

#13 Posted by Catsnlynne (1039 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll pick these up because they're free, but I'm not cutting out any off my pull list for them.
#14 Posted by sagejonathan (1996 posts) - - Show Bio

If you aren't reading Valiant you need to re-evaluate your life. Best comics out there imo.

#15 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

@sagejonathan said:

If you aren't reading Valiant you need to re-evaluate your life. Best comics out there imo.

word.!

#16 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Intense Cover

#17 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

I love BLOODSHOT

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33974 posts) - - Show Bio

@grifter78 said:

Valiant continues to be awesome month after month! I just wish they'd find a way to lower the $3.99 price point. I know that's why a lot of people don't try them. I'd be in the same boat if it weren't for Discount Comic Book Service. It's even affected how they do their trades. Each of the new trades are only $9.99 but they each only have four issues (except for Harbinger which has five). If they could find a way to lower the price on singles or up their trade content without raising the price too much I know more people would try them.

Valiant are a small company if they lowered there prices they would be dead with in months

#19 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

@SavageDragon said:

I love BLOODSHOT

agreed the last issur was sick going re read it

#20 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely looking forward to getting this ^_^

#21 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

"Valiant Masters" Damn right!

#22 Edited by durgaprasadzone (1 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33974 posts) - - Show Bio

@sagejonathan said:

#25 Posted by BoyWander (319 posts) - - Show Bio

No I'm very fine without it.

#26 Posted by derf_jenkins (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Valiant is amazing!

#27 Posted by SmashBrawler (5963 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great!

#28 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33974 posts) - - Show Bio

@BoyWander: Valiant books >>> your favourite book

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.