Valiant and Cinder Block Partner For T-Shirts, Apparel and More

Posted by G-Man (29428 posts) - - Show Bio

Starting today, buying Valiant merchandise has become a whole lot easier...provided you have the money.

Valiant has consistently been putting out great comics. They are now extending their track record to great merchandise. Teaming up Cinder Block, the leading independent music and entertainment merchandise company, you can visit Valiant.Cinderblock.com for a wide variety of great looking product.

What sort of items are available?

Cinder Block's all-new Valiant web store features designs and artwork by some of the most popular creators in comics with the first wave of t-shirts set to include X-O Manowar by David Aja, Bloodshot by Rafael Grampa, and Harbinger by Jeff Lemire. Future releases will see the addition of merchandise based upon Shadowman, Archer & Armstrong, Quantum and Woody, and other exciting properties from Valiant's 1,500-strong character library.

Besides the items seen above, you'll find some super-cool lithographs, enamel pins, hats, buttons and other shirts. There is pretty much something for all the Valiant fans to enjoy.

Now you may ask, "What are these shirts really like? What sort of quality t-shirt material are they?" I can answer that. Valiant put out a super limited run of the Rafael Grampa BLOODSHOT shirt (it's a different color) and I decided to model it for you.

Head on over to Valiant.Cinderblock.com to check out the full line of merchandise. There will also be a selection of new, retailer-exclusive products available only at local comic shops and will be listed in future editions of Diamond Previews.

Staff Online
#1 Posted by longbowhunter (5847 posts) - - Show Bio

Lemire, Grampa and Aja! These are awesome.

#2 Posted by amutant (267 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably not a good idea to wear Bloodshot merchandise to the airport.

#3 Posted by jwalser3 (4433 posts) - - Show Bio

I love BloodShot and all, but his armor, swords, guns, pouches, seems like a bit much.....

#4 Edited by JairamGanpat (949 posts) - - Show Bio

@amutant: One has every right to throw a bitch fit if security stops you because there's a scary samurai on your shirt and I will.

I want so much of this stuff it kinda sucks. :/

#5 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3536 posts) - - Show Bio

Those are actually some pretty nice shirts. Glad you posted these pictures. It could work as a companion to a little blog project I'm working on. =D

#6 Posted by Fhiz (426 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna need a Harbinger foundation track jacket

#7 Posted by JairamGanpat (949 posts) - - Show Bio

@fhiz said:

that would be awesome lol

#8 Edited by SmashBrawler (4748 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want those Bloodshot and X-O Manowar t-shirts, especially the latter. Some of the other stuff they have on their site is pretty damn awesome too.

#9 Posted by Mandrewgora (282 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't read X-O Manowar, but I would wear the hell out of that shirt.

#10 Posted by inferiorego (20589 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't read X-O Manowar, but I would wear the hell out of that shirt.

I need it!

Staff
#11 Edited by CuddlyPlane (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Archer and Armstrong? /: Shadowman? /:

#12 Posted by G-Man (29428 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff Online
#13 Posted by SavageDragon (2166 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man Guess your obligated to catch up on Bloodshot and XO now huh Tony?. Trust me Harbinger wars has been flippin awesome.

#14 Posted by Fhiz (426 posts) - - Show Bio

@jairamganpat said:

@fhiz said:

that would be awesome lol

And they totally exist too. I think I saw some pics of Valiant guys wearing them at a convention or FCBD, one of the two.

#15 Edited by nappystr8 (927 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeff Lemire plus shirts equals frequent success. I don't read Harbinger, but if I did I would get that shirt to be folded next to my Animal Man T-shirt. All of this stuff looks pretty cool. Sad to see no Shadowman stuff. Maybe if the merch sells well.

#16 Edited by Rich711 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Cinder Block is awesome. They used to do merch for my band. Really generous people over there. I will have to get that Jeff Lemire shirt.

#17 Edited by Queso6p4 (1411 posts) - - Show Bio

@amutant said:

Probably not a good idea to wear Bloodshot merchandise to the airport.

Heh. Probably not bur almost worth doing just because.

@nappystr8 said:

Jeff Lemire plus shirts equals frequent success. I don't read Harbinger, but if I did I would get that shirt to be folded next to my Animal Man T-shirt. All of this stuff looks pretty cool. Sad to see no Shadowman stuff. Maybe if the merch sells well.

We can hope.

Pretty sweet article. Glad this was brought to our attention. My wife would kill me if she saw me wearing one of these. She freaked out today when I was wearing a shirt from the Super! kickstarter I backed.

#18 Posted by DonFelipe (1089 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet! The xo-shirt for me please.

#19 Posted by ccraft (3962 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting the Valiant hat!

#20 Posted by Meteorite (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved that X-O Manowar cover ever since I saw it; I may consider buying it.

#21 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2157 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd wear the Grampa Bloodshot one, love the detail of the character covered in weapons. But I wish it didn't say his name "Bloodshot" above him like that. I know its a comic shirt and they usually do, but I would have liked it better the other way.

#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27430 posts) - - Show Bio

oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man...........

#23 Posted by LarryDavis (143 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not really like any of these comics, but I love the artists and these images. Grampa especially. That dude needs to put out a new comic. Mesmo Delivery rules.

#25 Posted by G-Man (29428 posts) - - Show Bio

@savagedragon: I brought up Bloodshot last week on the podcast (and BEST STUFF video) and I am caught up on HARBINGER. Maybe you missed my WonderCon interview with Joshua Dysart back in March?

Staff Online
#26 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll take a Valiant mug!

#27 Posted by Mucklefluga (2434 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic modelling Tony.

#28 Posted by Mucklefluga (2434 posts) - - Show Bio

It would cost me 36 dollars to get 1 tee. Ill pass.

#29 Posted by AkaBoAli (44 posts) - - Show Bio

looking forward for the Archer & Armstrong one, and I'll buy anything by David Aja, comic books and also t-shirts!!

#30 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5010 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the X-O Manowar one. David Aja never fails!!!!!!!!!!

#31 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (27430 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not really like any of these comics, but I love the artists and these images. Grampa especially. That dude needs to put out a new comic. Mesmo Delivery rules.

You don't like Valiant? That's the first time I'v ever heard anybody say that.

#32 Posted by LarryDavis (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@larrydavis said:

You don't like Valiant? That's the first time I'v ever heard anybody say that.

Yeah, I've gotten the first trades of Harbinger, XO, and Bloodshot, and haven't really liked any of them. I hated Harbinger's art, and none of the characters in it were likeable. The fat girl was especially annoying, and the main character was a rapist with an addict friend.

So far, it just seems like the titles are very 90s. I lived through all that the first time, and it's not something I'm eager to get back to. I haven't read Shadowman or Archer and Armstrong yet, but I'll give them a shot too. I don't have particularly high expectations.

#33 Posted by Extremis (2959 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting that X-O shirt. Too cool to pass up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.