Thoughts on Bloodshot

#1 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Valliant.This universe was unknown to me before july.Then I heard about X-O Manowar and Bloodshot.Those were titles that got a lot of good responses but I never felt interested in them.But a couple of days ago I posted into a thread about Valliant and I started chatting with a user that gave me some resume on the titles and I just needed to dive into them.For a day I read all of Bloodshot's issues.It's just a great book.Bloodshot is an amazing character that is really well handled by Duane Swierczynski.The action in the book is top notch and along with the good artwork this makes a perfect creative team.The story is thrilling and I already can feel how much excited I am for the next issue of the series.The dialogue is something even more special and the development is something that makes you even more interested in the story.I feel like this will become easily one of my favorite series.

RATING - A+

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32650 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997: Couldn't agree more.

I had only really heard of one Valiant character (Shadowman) and that was because of the PS1 and PS2 games. But when I heard that Valiant where relaunching all there titles I thought I'd check them out as IMO Marvel and DC really haven't been cutting the mustard as of late and I wanted some replacements on my pull and honestly, every single one of the 5 books they put out are great and you don't even need to know anything about the characters so just jump in. If you want a cool shared universe with great story driven characters and awesome action I beseech you to give the Valiant books a shot.

#3 Edited by SmashBrawler (5491 posts) - - Show Bio

I friggin' love this series. Wholeheartedly agree.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32650 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: the more the merrier

#5 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: I wasn't that sure that I will like Bloodshot so much but it is freakin amazing.I also read the first issue of X-O Manowar but it wasn't that special but I will continue reading it.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32650 posts) - - Show Bio
@TDK_1997 X-O gets better in the next issues. Are you planning on checking out any more Valiant? My personal favorite is Harbinger
#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Yeah,I will also see Shadowman and Harbinger.I am not particualry sure about Archer and Armstrong.

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32650 posts) - - Show Bio
@TDK_1997

@Jonny_Anonymous: Yeah,I will also see Shadowman and Harbinger.I am not particualry sure about Archer and Armstrong.

A & A is pretty good as well but its more light hearted
#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@TDK_1997

I may try it out.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32650 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@TDK_1997

I may try it out.

cool

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32650 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: are you reading any other Valiant books?

#12 Posted by SmashBrawler (5491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Nope, only Bloodshot. Although Valiant is going to force me to buy more of their stuff with Harbinger Wars (not that I'm complaining :P).

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32650 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: Nope, only Bloodshot. Although Valiant is going to force me to buy more of their stuff with Harbinger Wars (not that I'm complaining :P).

ha yea you should check out the rest, there all great

#14 Posted by SmashBrawler (5491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Dude, I really really want to, but I just don't have enough money! You have no idea how much I want to read X-O Manowar and Shadowman. It's killing me!

#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32650 posts) - - Show Bio
@SmashBrawler just drop some other stuff from your pull to accommodate
#16 Posted by SmashBrawler (5491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Wish I could, but I can't :/

#17 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: What's your pull list?

#18 Posted by SmashBrawler (5491 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997: Oh man, lots of stuff, thanks to the fact I was buying almost no comics before the reboot:

DC

• Justice League
  • Aquaman
  • Wonder Woman
  • The Flash
  • Batman
  • Detective Comics
  • Nightwing
  • Action Comics
  • Green Lantern
  • Green Lantern Corps
  • Green Lantern: New Guardians
  • Red Lanterns
  • Justice League Dark
  • Swamp Thing
  • Animal Man
  • Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E. (getting cancelled)
  • I, Vampire
  • Demon Knights
  • Batman Incorporated
  • Earth 2
  • Sword of Sorcery

Marvel

• Amazing Spider-Man (now Superior Spider-Man)
  • Daredevil
  • Captain America
  • Uncanny X-Force (no more, for obvious reasons)

Indies

• Invincible
  • Bloodshot

Out of these, the only ones I don't like that much are Justice League and Red Lanterns, but with this crossover event thing they got me by the a$$, so...

#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32650 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: Aaah replace Frank with a Valiant book since it's getting cancelled

#20 Posted by Billy Batson (57751 posts) - - Show Bio

And UXF is ending :p
BB

#21 Posted by SmashBrawler (5491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Hadn't thought of that (even tough it's so damn obvious). Yeah, I guess that's an option. Although I'll wait 'till some of Marvel's miniseries end too, since I'm also reading Punisher: War Zone and Daredevil: End of Days.

#22 Posted by SoA (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997: i read a few 90s issues that i stumbled upon and really liked the character when i saw that it was being revived i made sure to nab this book im also a fan of harbingers so with the crossover coming soon i cannot wait . also archer and armstrong is another awesome series

#23 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: With some of these getting canceled or ending you can find some place for X-O Manowar.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.