Follow

Valiant/Acclaim

Publisher »

Valiant Comics began as an imprint of Voyager Communications, established in 1989 in part by former Marvel editor-in-chief Jim Shooter. It was discontinued in 1996 after being bought out by Acclaim Entertainment. After Acclaim closed its doors in 2004, the publisher was revived as Valiant Entertainment and has been publishing new material since May 2012.

Shadowman and Bloodshot movies in the works! Your thoughts?

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

http://www.comicvine.com/shadowman/4005-7174/forums/shadowman-movie-in-the-works-1470632/#2

^see the link above to check out my thread on these upcoming films.

What are everyone's thoughts about these developments? As a new fan of the Valiant universe I am absolutely thrilled by this news.

Also, what are some other Valiant characters you would like to see make it to the big screen?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

My thoughts = HELLLLLL YEAAAAAAAA!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@extremis said:

Also, what are some other Valiant characters you would like to see make it to the big screen?

Easy. X-O Manowar and Ninjak.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Extremis

@xwraith: haha my thoughts exactly.

Honestly I'm glad they didn't go ahead with an X-O movie first though. That's one I think requires a great deal from a solid production team. Shadowman could be made with a smaller budget, and it really just seems like a smart choice as the first film. People are in for a sweet surprise when that movie comes out. Shadowman is just an awesome character. Plus I love the mix of the superhero and horror/mystery genres here.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: lol I wanted to "@" you, fellow Valiant fan, and some others but I didn't know how.

But yes, HELL YEA is right!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@xwraith: haha my thoughts exactly.

Honestly I'm glad they didn't go ahead with an X-O movie first though. That's one I think requires a great deal from a solid production team. Shadowman could be made with a smaller budget, and it really just seems like a smart choice as the first film. People are in for a sweet surprise when that movie comes out. Shadowman is just an awesome character. Plus I love the mix of the superhero and horror/mystery genres here.

Yea I was thinking the same, Shadowman can be a lot more subtle and still be amazing but X-O is gonna need a bigger budget so if SM is a successes the studios will be a lot more likely to shell out

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: yeah definitely

And I'm not sure if they are keeping all these characters under one roof, so to speak, or not. The only mention of a studio being attached to one of the movies was Sony with Bloodshot. Not sure if that's going to be the same with Shadowman. Either way I can't complain :)

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@extremis: Well you'd think Valiant would look at how much problems DC/Marvel have had with there characters all over the place and decide to keep them under one roof but even if they don't if one film does good it will still give the other one a boost they same way it does with the X-Men/Spider-Man/Avengers films

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: actually upon further reading that interview with JMS, it seems they are aiming to create a cinematic universe. So maybe Sony?

But yeah Valiant can definitely learn from DC/Marvel mishaps. I feel like they already have with their tightly planned comics universe.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis: Yea, they see what fans dislike about what Marvel and DC are doing and learning from it so I don't see why they wouldn't do it with there films. Excited :-)

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Cap10nate

That is great. I haven't picked up the Shadowman series yet. I have been loving X-O and Harbinger so far. Kept tabs on Bloodshot for Harbinger Wars. Bloodshot would be interesting to see on screen. I wonder how it would be marketed. Hopefully Valiant can keep up the great work that they have been doing so far.

DigbyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By DigbyKong

Happy but worried they'll be done right.

Also want to see X-O Manowar, and Archer & Armstrong.

Hanson724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great news I love Shadowman. And a Bloodshot movie better be R rated for violence.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cap10nate: please check out Shadowman. You can blame me if you don't like it haha but I feel safe in recommending it.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digbykong: I get you there, but I have full trust in Valiant to make the right decision(s) here. They're known for their quality. Given a great character in Shadowman and a great writer who knows comics, it'd be hard to mess this up.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DAYUM! For real? Wow, if Hellboy can do it right...I'm willing to see Valiant give it a shot

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Extremis

@veshark: nice! You said you liked Shadowman right?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Veshark

@extremis said:

@veshark: nice! You said you liked Shadowman right?

Yup, though Bloodshot's not too shabby at all.

ValiantFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By ValiantFan
    Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hanson724: yeah none of this pg-13 crap. I'm finally putting my foot down when it comes to Bloodshot. If any character deserves R rated treatment, its ole Bloodshot!

Craywulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally don't care for live-action movies, when it comes to intellectual properties that don't age. Just look how many actors who have played Batman, and how many times they've retold the origins of the character. I would prefer to see a really high-grade computer animated film for valiant characters, much like the Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within movie. Besides today's superhero movies already is loaded with CGI effects. Why not just eliminate the need for recasting the actors every time they make a sequel? It's certainly cheaper too. Plus there's an added benefit of characters from other Valiant titles making appearances without having to worry about casting problems.

As for the first Valiant movie, I think it should be Archer & Armstrong, because it's a book that ties everything together. The next title should be Harbinger, then Bloodshot. I am not sure why they felt Shadowman would be the one to showcase what Valiant is all about, but it's really a niche book.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.