Follow

Val-Zod

Character » Val-Zod appears in 106 issues.

Kryptonian son of Dru-Zod of Earth 2, hidden by Terry Sloan in a cell beneath Arkham. Secluded for most of his life and developed a gentle pacifistic nature

Who is Val?

TheAlgaeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheAlgaeman

Hello fellow Earth-2 enthusiasts,

So today I am going to make a fan prediction on this new mysterious character Val in DC's Earth 2. If you have not been reading the series, please do not read on further as there may be possible spoilers to Val's identity.

I believe that this Val character will be in reference to Val-Ty or Zal the Grey who was introduced in in Superman World of New Krypton #4. If you would like to see the picture from the DC wiki here is the link: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Val-Ty_(New_Earth)

This character was created by James Robinson, the original writer for the Earth 2 series. I believe this guess makes sense due to the beginning of each characters name along with similar skin tones and hair color. I am curious how Tom Taylor will depict this new characters story line and what the final result will be from this conflict on Earth 2. Will Val be Earth 2's new hero? Will this Val be good? And finally, will people trust kryptonians after after Kal-L's actions? Stay tuned.

Kiara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Kiara

I think he will be a hero.His behavior hints at his good intentions.

TheAlgaeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheAlgaeman

I am also thinking that Val is going to be good because of how he has already presented himself. Plus, the introduction of another Kryptonian allows for the series to remove Kal-L from the story line keeping all different "wonders" from the main Earth (other than Batman who is a different person). So far, Val's mannerisms remind me of a young Clark full of friendliness and curiosity.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kidchipotle

I'm both happy and disappointed that this person turned out to be Kryptonian. I was somewhat hoping for an E2 Martian but this makes things interesting as well.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Earth 2 Mon El?

TheAlgaeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: It would have been very interesting to add a martian into this world, it could have allowed for an interesting story. I do like how Tom Taylor added another kryptonian because the fight seems a little more poetic. A world of new challenging the last of the old.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kidchipotle

@jonny_anonymous said:

Earth 2 Mon El?

Mon El was already in the Legion book so he's in Earth 2's future (or so it was alluded)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: It would have been very interesting to add a martian into this world, it could have allowed for an interesting story. I do like how Tom Taylor added another kryptonian because the fight seems a little more poetic. A world of new challenging the last of the old.

I just feel like this Kryptonian is so random. It's not like it's someone we know from previous continuity to make it have more meaning.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@jonny_anonymous said:

Earth 2 Mon El?

Mon El was already in the Legion book so he's in Earth 2's future (or so it was alluded)

Has it been made official that LosH was punted over to Earth 2?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kidchipotle

@jonny_anonymous said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Earth 2 Mon El?

Has it been made official that LosH was punted over to Earth 2?

Not officially but with JL3000 going on, I think that was DC silently confirming it in a way.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think there is a chance he is the New 52 version of Icon. I could see DC putting Icon on Earth-2, considering they already have enough super powered alien heroes. If it's true I think it would be cool, I also hope we can see Rocket.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@thealgaeman: Roh-Karr or Til-all might have been good choices.

mace1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there is a chance he is the New 52 version of Icon. I could see DC putting Icon on Earth-2, considering they already have enough super powered alien heroes. If it's true I think it would be cool, I also hope we can see Rocket.

Val-zod is not icon and icon exist in the new 52.

As of 2012, Icon has yet to be seen in DC's The New 52 universe, outside of a brief cameo in Static Shock #8.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@mace11: Oh really, that's kind of a shame, I would have liked to see him in Earth-2. I figured they just changed his name and origin around a bit for the New 52. Still, thanks for enlightening me.

Shika1Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i always thought it would be Calvin Ellis's (president superman) 2nd debut in the New 52, but no, Val-Zod looks to be a brand new original character, pretty awesome stuff

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i did my oun reserch on val and found this... "In the 2012 Earth 2 series, Lor-Zod is reimagined as a nubian Kryptonian and the son of scientist Zod (rather than the standard military General Zod incarnation) and renamed to Val-Zod. As such, he is a pacifist refusing to openly fight against the forces of Darkseid occupying his source Earth. The current Earth 2 Batman (Thomas Wayne) blames Val's pacifist attitude for the death of Red Arrow (Connor Hawke).[28] Val is protected by the Earth 2 Red Tornado (who has the memories and personality of deceased Lois Lane) from the brainwashed Superman.[29] Val reveals he wears a silver S shield underneath his hoodie/sweatshirt to Jimmy Olsen."

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.