Isn't V the greatest

#1 Posted by MusketeerMan (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry but I just can't help but admire and love the character V so much. I just got done posting the new edition to V on this site and I'm getting back into loving and reading the book again. The movie I thought was incredibly good to and I want to know if anybody is a V nut like me to!

#2 Posted by Mr. V (5 posts) - - Show Bio

DUDE U F!@*KING ROCK. i'M RIGHT THERE WITH YOU.

v FOREVER

#3 Posted by Owen_Porter (83224 posts) - - Show Bio

This is funny, ever time I here V, I think of the comicvine user with the name V.

#4 Posted by Captain Cascader (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I was kind of bummed by the movie. I think they really dumbed down the character quite a bit. Vendetta the movie is about a guy against facism, Vendetta the book is about a guy for anarchy.

I think that's a pretty big change. I'm also pissed they didn't do the organ scene, which could have translated awesome.

Staff
#5 Posted by MusketeerMan (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Right dude. He does, he f%&#ing rocks! My favorite damn character, the book and movie were fraking great. Man I love that guy, he's like the English Batman. But with more mystery.

#6 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Owen_Porter (83224 posts) - - Show Bio

NO

=======

#8 Posted by MusketeerMan (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree. They should have made him both, a man for anarchy and at the same time against fascism. But I'm a little confused by "the organ scene", I know that book inside-out, read it three times and can't recall that scene.

#9 Posted by MusketeerMan (9 posts) - - Show Bio

You don't like V?

#10 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#11 Posted by MusketeerMan (9 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the matter with V? :(

#12 Posted by Owen_Porter (83224 posts) - - Show Bio

I am V.

#13 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

No I am

#14 Posted by V (294 posts) - - Show Bio

Really?

#15 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

See i just logged on as him and posted

#16 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

the again maybe not

#17 Posted by Pontius (346 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm V, I dont know what the hell is going on but it stops now.

#18 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

What are you talking about Nobody is V

#19 Posted by Owen_Porter (83224 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO, this is thread number two we took off topic.

#20 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

Muhahahaha

#21 Posted by MusketeerMan (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Just can't help say enough how cool V was and the movie. Both endings for them were f&%$ing awesome. Guy is strong, incredible intelligent, and mysterious. Plus that extremely cool mask he wears and the hat, too. Guy is also a smooth talker even in the comic book. Incredibly stealthfull, too. What can I say but for you guys to check out my new page on him! Just type in V on the search.

#22 Posted by Darkchild (40545 posts) - - Show Bio

yes V is a great character he is so damn BANG yeah thats how i can explain it without sounding totally in love with the character ... SHIT

#23 Posted by Mr. V (5 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was in Drumline are theme was V for Vendetta, sooooooooo ya he is pretty sweet. Very interesting character

#24 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.

#25 Posted by Captain Cascader (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

MusketeerMan says:

"I agree. They should have made him both, a man for anarchy and at the same time against fascism. But I'm a little confused by "the organ scene", I know that book inside-out, read it three times and can't recall that scene."

The brilliant masquerade. Where he sings whilst playing an old school church organ. Very gothic and sort of lends to the Mad Hatter persona.

Staff
#26 Posted by osnickman (26 posts) - - Show Bio

were all v

#27 Posted by osnickman (26 posts) - - Show Bio

and yes v rocks

#28 Posted by Gottheit (3460 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I wrong in wanting to see a Batman/V crossover? I mean, I know that Alan Moore would probably gut me in a parking lot if he heard me talking about integrating V into regular comics, but wouldn't that be just a completely awesome culture clash? See, that's why I like and wnat to see crossovers. Not for the battles, but for that initial "who the f*ck is this guy?," you know, two guys from two different universes who aren't supposed to ever encounter each other looking each other dead in the face. So, yeah...

#29 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

V rules. end of story. the insane man behind the mask being both evil and good at the samwe time and pretty much screwing the government. He is F*@#ing awesome.

#30 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

V For Vendetta is one of my all time favourite movies. The character V is my favourite non-super-powered individual.

#31 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I never read the book but love this part from the movie:

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

[carves V into poster on wall]

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

#32 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

Phorqe says:

"I never read the book but love this part from the movie: "Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. [carves V into poster on wall] The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.""

That speech is the only thing the movie had on the comic

#33 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

i love the movie and the comics,and V is the coolest

#34 Posted by Night Thrasher (3448 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"Am I wrong in wanting to see a Batman/V crossover? I mean, I know that Alan Moore would probably gut me in a parking lot if he heard me talking about integrating V into regular comics, but wouldn't that be just a completely awesome culture clash? See, that's why I like and wnat to see crossovers. Not for the battles, but for that initial "who the f*ck is this guy?," you know, two guys from two different universes who aren't supposed to ever encounter each other looking each other dead in the face. So, yeah..."

yes you are very wrong...proceed to tallest building and jump off

#35 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

If you are talking the up and coming M.C. out of portland you dang right he's fresh....and the other Vendetta guy is cool too

#36 Posted by Josh 727 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

V is so fucking cool! V for Vendetta opened my eyes to the possibilites that can be achieved through anarchism, the comic was so inspiring, my all time favorite comic! The movie was so disappointing, it removed bascially all elements of anarchism and watered down V so much it was just rediculous. I hate it when people who have seen the movie talk about V being a hero, if they had read the comic they would see that it's not so black and white, V is a shade of gray. So I conclude with, V IS FUCKING AMAZING!

#37 Posted by Taken (11 posts) - - Show Bio
Captain Cascader said:
"

I think they really dumbed down the character quite a bit. Vendetta the movie is about a guy against facism, Vendetta the book is about a guy for anarchy.

I think that's a pretty big change.

"
True, that's a big change. Non the less I like the Movie cause it gives a good impression on the "V-Universe" and the appearing character., but more importantly it got me into reading the original book, which I love now.
And on topic: Yeah, V is a amazing character.  But what else to expect of an Alan Moore Story?!
#38 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

V is amazing

#39 Posted by Toastalchemist (168 posts) - - Show Bio

V is one of my favorite characters. The movie was pretty good it was like a watered-down version of the book.

#40 Posted by King Saturn (222808 posts) - - Show Bio
V is the shiznit
#41 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Phorqe said:
"

I never read the book but love this part from the movie:

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

[carves V into poster on wall]

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

"

My absolute favorite part of the movie. Watching that scene makes me love movie dialogue more. Hugo Weaving is incredible.
#42 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

V is awesome

#43 Posted by redoneck (1 posts) - - Show Bio

nope i win

#44 Posted by warlock360 (26898 posts) - - Show Bio

damn i got myself some fans

#45 Posted by IrishX (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like no one has shown V any love lately so...... 

#46 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

He's awesome.

#47 Posted by IrishX (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

Still love V. This is a cool little tribute video.... 

#48 Posted by Roguegirl24 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

V is just amazing awesome , i've never seen a character like him before...the way he talks, the way he moves. A mysterious anarchist , an insane gentleman, just the way i love.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.