graphiccasualfreak's Untold Tales of Blackest Night #1 - Sea of Fear; The Evolution of Species; A Losing Battle; Blackest Nightmare; An Incident On Korugar review

The whole is more than the Sum of it's Parts!

I'm not going to comment on all the stories or their pieces; but I will say that every story is like a window back into Blackest Night.  If you have picked up the graphics novels then you will love this book.  If not, you might want to make the investment because there is really no prologue or setup for these stories.  So unless you own the original comics or the graphic novels you are going to be really lost here.  I loved all the stories and thought the art was incredible and certainly in keeping with the art of the original Blackest Night stuff.  I was most impressed by how well the Animal Man story was handled.  A story that could have been absolute garbage, was in fact wonderful.
     Not just for this reason, or because one of the biggest stories was about Donna Troy; I felt this issue deserved the highest honors.

Other reviews for Untold Tales of Blackest Night #1 - Sea of Fear; The Evolution of Species; A Losing Battle; Blackest Nightmare; An Incident On Korugar