gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

It's been way too long since we've had an UNCLE SCROOGE comic. The comic doesn't miss a beat and starts off with a familiar situation. Scrooge McDuck is in panic mode as it's been a while since the Beagle Boys have tried to rob him (well, it's been a month). Thankfully for Uncle Scrooge, he's not alone. Donald Duck and his nephews, Huey, Louie, and Dewey are all on hand to try to get Scrooge's mind off things and to help him out if things take a turn for the worse.

To make this more than just another story about the Beagle Boys trying to rob Scrooge's money bank, they take things to a new level when they manage to get a giant remote controlled robot. As you can imagine, as good as this plan may sound, because it comes from the Beagle Boys, things are going to get messy pretty quickly.

This first story is an oversized one (27 pages). There is also a one page story along with a 15-page back up where Scrooge needs to deal with a mysterious thief trying to steal his jacket.

The stories may not be brand new but they are new translations of the overseas comics. There is a classic feeling to the stories and the art but they don't feel outdated. This is an easily accessible comic that new or old readers can immediately jump into. It may have a $3.99 price tag but there's is plenty of comic for your money. It's a great introduction or a return to classic characters that should not be forgotten.

The Bad

It's had to believe it's been four years since the last "issue." Hopefully the comic finds its way into the right hands. There's too many young readers that may simply not know who these characters are. At the same time, older readers may dismiss this as something just for kids. Obviously this isn't something everyone will enjoy.

The Verdict

UNCLE SCROOGE has been missing from comic shelves for too long. With a return to a monthly series, new and old readers and revisit the world of Duckberg with Uncle Scrooge, Donald, and Huey, Dewey, and Louie. If you're familiar with the classic characters, you know what to expect. This oversized issue is full of wacky fun and adventure. Those unfamiliar are in for a world of surprise as they get acquainted with characters that should be part of everyone's upbringing. Whether your a kid or a kid at heart, you owe it to yourself to read UNCLE SCROOGE. I dare you read this and not have a smile on your face.

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
    davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I'll check it out. I don't mind Scrooge. Tho I admit I'm much more looking forward to Donald Duck when it launches ... he's funnier

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck
    sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sinestro_GL

♫ Life is like a hurricane here in Duckberg...♪

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Looks like this has the Italian Topolino-team writing and drawing it which isn't a bad thing since its the publisher whose stuff we've been reading in Europe for a good while now and I personally think the Italians make better stories than German & Danish.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Eagerly waiting for the new stories!

Unfortunately(or not) I have read most Italian ones :P

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By Squalleon

@sinikettu said:

Looks like this has the Italian Topolino-team writing and drawing it which isn't a bad thing since its the publisher whose stuff we've been reading in Europe for a good while now and I personally think the Italians make better stories than German & Danish.

Agreed classic Italian stories are the best European disney products. Or neo-classics by Casty, Mottoura etc.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This, and I quite like the Norwegian, but most people outside of Norway probably haven't read them.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

I think you mean "It's 'hard' to believe" :P

But I'm so getting all these Disney/IDW comics!

Imnosuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Brazil most Disney comics I used to read had a mix of new and old international stories. My favorites were the Italians and Brazilians. But the classical ones by Carl Barks were up there too.

Eric8a92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished reading it and I enjoyed it. It was like Saturday morning cartoons.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.