Follow

Uncle Creepy

Character » Uncle Creepy appears in 274 issues.

He is the host of the "Creepy" series. Uncle Creepy introduces the reader into sundry stories and commentates them at the end.

Review: Creepy #3

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    Horror and comics. The two don't always work well together. I love the horror genre and (obviously) love comics. Can the big names working on this book make the two work?

The Good

48 pages and six stories. Normally I'm not a fan of anthologies (take the recent X-Men: Nation X mini-series), but I like the idea here. And can I start by pointing out how creepy that cover is? That's bound to give you nightmares. Maybe it's because I haven't been reading too many horror comics these days, but I really enjoyed this comic. The black and white really works in creating a darker tone in each story. There's a great list of creators involved that really make this worth picking up.

The Bad

Are the stories really "creepy"? Not really. They can be a little disturbing. There's not much to complain about. While I feel the horror genre works better in a live action format, this doesn't feel as cheap as some other horror comics I've read in the past.

The Verdict - 4.5/5

I felt like I was taking a trip back to the 60s when horror comics were more abundant. This book does justice to the Creepy name and Uncle Creepy should be proud to appear in this book. Horror comics might not be for everyone and the $4.99 price tag might seem a tad high, but you do get a lot of really good content. Creepy is just a really fun comic that you can jump into at anytime. You just might want to read it while there's daylight outside.
    Marius138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Marius138

I like it.

aouric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By aouric

Creepy remains to be a horror classic for me along with Eerie and Heavy Metal Magazine! Ahhh yes! : )

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By FoxxFireArt

That cover more gives the impression of some seriously twisted fetish comic.

oldcreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By oldcreep

The original Creepy magazine was printed in a large-sized magazine format and generally went for a more traditional art style and storyline. The Old Creep is launching an near exact reproduction of the 'Warren" style books this Spring with a new title called "The Creeps" with many of the original Warren artists including Frank Brunner, Rich Buckler, Joe Rubinstein, Ken Kelly and more. You can see more at www.thecreepsmagazine.com . - The Old Creep

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.