capn_carrot's Uncanny X-Men #9 review

Dazzler is the worst spy ever

The comic's best moment involves Dazzler being recognized as a disco star by Fabio's family who the new agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. promptly knocks unconcious before kidnapping their son and leading Cyclops straight to S.H.I.E.L.D.'s secret detention facility. All in all, not a great first day on the job.

The humor of the book works well, although Dazzler shows how out of place she is working for a spy organization, especially when she picks a fight with Cyclops and his team rather than use her connections with the team to learn more about what they are after (which, you know, was her assignment). What's a little sad about this comic is any character could have been used as the patsy they make Dazzler who, other than the album cover joke, is largely wasted here.

One final note, I'd actually rate this a 3.5 instead of a 3. You can find more of my reviews (with images) on RazorFine Reviews