caladbolglight's Uncanny X-Men #1 - Everything is Sinister review

Enter: the Xtinction Team!

I'm doing a review of each of the first Regenesis issues

The Story

We're treated with a tourist's view of San Francisco, including the very strange Dreaming Celestial. We see Sinister, apparently reborn, infiltrate the Celestial. Cyclops assembles his heavy hitters, his most-powerful X-Men, into the Xtinction team. The heavy hitters, to show the world that they need heroes. They go over the changes made to Utopia, until Scott is contacted by Abigail Brand of S.W.O.R.D. She informs Scott that she's picking up some unusual energy signatures from the Dreaming Celestial. Magik ports them in, and the Celestial's head morphs into Sinister's. A battle ensues and the casualties start as Emma loses her left arm above the elbow. Magneto incapactiates the Celestial until Sinister releases a large amount of energy converting a portion of the city into a land where everything is SINISTER.

The X-Men:

Xtinction: Cyclops, Storm, Emma Frost, Magneto, Namor, Colossus, Hope, Danger, Magik

X-Club: Dr. Nemesis, Kavita Rao, Madison Jeffries, Danger

Security Recon: Psylocke, Domino, Warpath, Jubilee

Street Team: Dazzler, Boom-Boom, Lifeguard

New Mutants: Dani Moonstar, Cypher, Magma, Sunspot, X-Man, Warlock

Gen Hope: Hope, Pixie, Zero, Primal, Transonic, Velocidad

Recruits: Prodigy, Stepford Cuckoos, Crosta, Dust, Loa, Martha Johannson, Surge

The Good

The art is fantastic and the story grabs one's attention immediately with some interesting characters and a fierce battle, leaving things uncertain. Danger is revealed to be lying to the X-Men, for unknown motives which will evidently be revealed as the volume progresses. Emma seems to be more independent and less hanging off Scott every moment of every day. We get some more Juggernaut action and Sinister's lines are amusing and yet intimidating.

The Bad

Most characters eyes seem to be very strange. They're about 4 inches in length, and slitted like a cats. It gives them a fairly strange appearance. I dislike Sinister's little piece at the end, but I'll admit, it does pique my interest. I've noticed that this artist also has a problem with making girls have a bit of a &~|&%. They don't so stop drawing them with it.

Very good, and probably the best Regenesis book out yet. I'll be definitely picking this one up.