Why is this one over?

#1 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'm slowly wading my way back into comics and since I just finished reading the X-Force run that came before this, I figured I'd look into Uncanny (and hey, having Deadpool never seems to hurt). Looks like for the vast majority of its run this book was consistently getting very good reviews. So...why did it end? Was it simply time for the characters to go elsewhere, or was it selling poorly, or what?

I'm thinking I'll probably want to pick it up (in TPB, I guess?) at some point.

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

It ended because the story arcs in the book came to a natural conclusion and the MARVEL NOW relaunch wanted a #1 book for X-force.

#3 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

That and a sudden overdose of Fantomex arrived in the final issue. There's only so much of him a book can take before it begins to collapse under the awesome. Cubed is way too much.

#4 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4806 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^^ WHat InnerVenom123 said

(+)

#5 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Cable came back and let's face it, X-Force will always be his team.

#6 Posted by Prodigy P (158 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

It ended because the story arcs in the book came to a natural conclusion and the MARVEL NOW relaunch wanted a #1 book for X-force.

I'm not necessarily sure about this: I may have read an interview in which Remender may have said something contrary to this. However, I've definitely seen one where he described the upcoming "Apocalypse Twins" storyline in Uncanny Avengers as a conclusion to an unresolved element in UXF, which could indicate he intended to continue working on it.

The NOW! point is definitely true, though.

#7 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

Alrighty, I presumed as much but having not really read anything about the books (I literally just scrolled through each issue and looked at the average scores/number of reviews) I thought it prudent to make sure things hadn't suddenly gone sour. Thanks for the swift replies, folks!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.