Thinking about jumping in

The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Madness

I'd really like to jump in this series but I do have a couple of questions. I haven't read many X-men comics other than an odd Wolverine comic here and there and and any odd time Iceman or Angel would team up with Spider-man. So my knowledge of X-men stems from that and the 90's cartoon, and I guess the movies but we all know that doesn't count. :) Will I be fine jumping into this, I really like Wolverine and Deadpool. Also is Rick Remender still writing this? Has he been writing it from issue 1? He's another big reason I'm thinking about diving into this.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Does this take place in the 616 universe?

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AtPhantom

You'll be fine. I've read it with basically no previous X-men knowledge and I had no problems with it.

Remender has been writing the thing since issue 1 and is still writing it.

Yes, it takes place in 616, although they occasionally jump into other universes.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

it's the only x-book that I read

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By TDK_1997

It's currently the most awesome X-Men book on the shelves and you don't need to know anything about the past of the X-Men or something like that.And yes,Remender is still the writer and he hasn't had a weak issue.

djotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 367

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By djotaku

Although each arc can stand alone - it's really a huge 28 issue (as of now) huge story. You will definitely want to go buy the trades of the previous issues

The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By The_Madness

I'm all caught up now and I gotta say, definitly one of my favorite ongoings right now, except I wasn't really into the whole Captain Britain/otherworld/Lord Of The Rings arc. And was I'm not familiar with Captain Brtian but is that how they always handled things? Skinning villians alive and whatnot? Not very heroic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.