New Reader Friendly?

#1 Posted by Darthmat (83 posts) - - Show Bio

So, I'm not a total idiot when it comes to X-Men, but I'm definitely no expert. Of all the (many) X-books out there, this one seems to appeal to me the most. I'm wondering, though, if picking this up without much back-knowledge would be a mistake.

(I know who the big hitters in the X-universe are and their primary motivations [Wolverine, Cyclops, Magneto, etc.], but I have no idea who, for example, Fantomex is).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#2 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Its fcking awesome... Though I'm having a hard time recommending it for sure without any previous knowledge whatsoever. If you tell me you want to pick up some trades (of this series) then I'd tell you to go for it.

#3 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darthmat: It has been very readable for all 24 issues, so I'd say it is the right series to start with. This is the adult version of the Marvel universe. if you need info on characters use wiki, or comic vine catalog. I still dont understand who phantomex is.

#4 Posted by Darthmat (83 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: @perry_411:

Awesome, thank you both. I was planning on picking up trades

#5 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darthmat: the series starts a new arc in issue 25 i think.

#6 Posted by Solarflare32 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it is i jumped in at 14

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.