New member of x force

#1 Posted by Solarflare32 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

The solicitations of uncanny x force 27 and 28 mention a new member joining any ideas of who this could be.

#2 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@Solarflare32: Deathlok is on the cover of 28, wouldn't it be him?

#3 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth: He was already a member ;)

I'm thinking Cable? He belongs on this team and he has nowhere to go atm

#4 Posted by CATPANEXE (9357 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a few ideas forming, more along the lines not of who, but where from. Remender seems to go out of his way to drop clues as to who it will be in this interview.

#5 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

Warpath or Jubilee are both off whatever team Storm is running soon due to editorial mandate. Warpath has been on many a version of X-Force and Jubilee is pals with Wolverine.

#6 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE said:

I have a few ideas forming, more along the lines not of who, but where from. Remender seems to go out of his way to drop clues as to who it will be in this interview.

What are you thinking?

I'm thinking either AoA Iceman (based on the appearance of the figure on the cover to UXF 28) or E.V.A (I think Fantomex is going to bite it).

Also, I think Remender will reveal the story behind Iceman's apparent treason. It seemed to me from reading his dialogue previous issues that he had some, maybe valid, unrevealed reason for leaving/"his betryal".

#7 Posted by Dernman (15798 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they are replacing characters on not just adding more.

#8 Edited by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nudeviking said:

Warpath or Jubilee are both off whatever team Storm is running soon due to editorial mandate. Warpath has been on many a version of X-Force and Jubilee is pals with Wolverine.

Seems out of the blue and weird for him to add some random character to the book for this lead-up arc when he's got plenty of characters he's written about to chose from already.

#9 Posted by Solarflare32 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if its sage he did once mention he wanted to use her and didn't have enough time in other world

#10 Posted by Solarflare32 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if its sage he did once mention he wanted to use her and didn't have enough time in other world arc. Got to say loving the new brotherhood he has created shadow king, mystique, sabretooth, aoa blob, skinless man.

#11 Edited by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Solarflare32 said:

I wonder if its sage he did once mention he wanted to use her and didn't have enough time in other world arc. Got to say loving the new brotherhood he has created shadow king, mystique, sabretooth, aoa blob, skinless man.

Again, "seems out of the blue and weird for him to add some random character to the book for this lead-up arc when he's got plenty of characters he's written about to chose from already."

This new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants looks great! I agree.

#12 Edited by CATPANEXE (9357 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: Read it, unsure at this point. I feel in the ballpark though. They're illuminating to Kurt and the Brotherhood a lot. I have to think about it more. I'm familiar with Remender enough to know the man is clever, and really puts everything right under the readers nose well in advance. Like he said in the interview all of this and up to #28 at least has been planned since the conception of the Dark Angel Saga.

#13 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE said:

@John Valentine: Read it, unsure at this point. I feel in the ballpark though. They're illuminating to Kurt and the Brotherhood a lot. I have to think about it more. I'm familiar with Remender enough to know the man is clever, and really puts everything right under the readers nose well in advance. Like he said in the interview all of this and up to #28 at least has been planned since the conception of the Dark Angel Saga.

Hence why I thought AoA Iceman.

Second to that, in Iceman's spoken monologue, it made it seems as though he didn't think he was a traitor. Maybe next issue will shed some light on his apparent betrayal.

#14 Posted by Kaaable (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait didnt aoa iceman die at the hands of aoa nightcrawler?

#15 Posted by Solarflare32 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

New version of this cover shows fantomex

#16 Posted by Solarflare32 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Warpaths no longer in x men vol 3 following issue 32 so there is potential for him to join.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.