Avatar image for hotsaucecommittee
    HotSauceCommittee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HotSauceCommittee

Read the Apocalypse Situation in trade a while back, enjoyed it but wanted to catch up the Messiah trilogy before I carried on with the title, which I've done, having trouble finding all the back issues though, could I just pick it back up at #11? Seems like all I'd be missing is Deathlok Nation (which I heard was so so) and some one shots =/ 

Thanks

HotSauceCommittee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HotSauceCommittee

Bump

ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ShirEPanjshir

I'd advise against it. I do think you need pretty much every issue of Uncanny X-Force before starting to read the Dark Angel Saga, since in this, all the previous story arcs tie together. If you miss out on the Deathlok Nation arc, you'll miss out on a huge part of the Dark Angel Sage with Deathlok, The World, etc. Not to mention that every single issue of Uncanny X-Force has been amazing, including the Deathlok Nation arc.

But yes, I'd deem Deathlok Nation a necessary read before continuing.

HotSauceCommittee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HotSauceCommittee
    @ShirEPanjshir said:

I'd advise against it. I do think you need pretty much every issue of Uncanny X-Force before starting to read the Dark Angel Saga, since in this, all the previous story arcs tie together. If you miss out on the Deathlok Nation arc, you'll miss out on a huge part of the Dark Angel Sage with Deathlok, The World, etc. Not to mention that every single issue of Uncanny X-Force has been amazing, including the Deathlok Nation arc.

Alright, guess I'll pick up the second tpb then. Thanks for the advice. How about #8/9/10? The Magneto and Shadow King stuff?
    ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By ShirEPanjshir

@HotSauceCommittee: I'm not 100% sure, I'd have to check it, but I think that they are less important and influential for the current story arc. Though, again, I'd advise you to get the issues as well, because they do have some influence ( for example, there are a few references to the Shadow King stuff ). Plus, again, they are great issues.

But they aren't as necessary as the Deathlok Nation issues. Even though there are a few references, you should be able to understand everything, despite missing these couple of issues.

Pbott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pbott

Why would you not it is the best book at marvel atm?

kingoftheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By kingoftheworld

Also the Deathlok Nation is continuing the Jason Aaron Deathlok from the future he introduced in Wolverine: Weapon X in case your wondering.

perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By perry_411

@HotSauceCommittee: The main arc in each issue has had several side stories that tie into coming stories. Worth every cent to own

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Larkin1388

@ShirEPanjshir said:

I couldn't agree more.

@HotSauceCommittee: If I'm not mistaken the Magneto and Shadow King stuff is right before the Dethlok Nation arc.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By John Valentine

Buy them. Why not?

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
    Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will you miss a few things? Of course.

Will you be completely lost without reading them? No.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c97835f97617
    deactivated-5c97835f97617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

You should pick up 5 through 10 because: 1. There are a few threats started here that are resolved in the Dark Angel Saga 2. Issue 9 is a brilliant read

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.