Great so far... just one thing...

VZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By VZA

Deadpool... I know many don't like him but I do.  It's just that he doesn't really fit well on this team.  So far I had maybe two laughs from him.  Eveybody on this team seems to be taking everything seriously and I just don't buy into his motivation for being on the team.  Also, it seems that nobody even likes him on the team including the one in charge.  Did they just add him to the team for the sake of it?  I don't even like Archangel but even he has done more to make me like him in this series.

CyrixSG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CyrixSG

I'm a big Deadpool guy, so I am going to admit my bias upfront, but I think Deadpool fits in well with the team.  His comic relief in this book is stifled in the best way possible, he's not telling the story.  Because the story focuses on the team as a whole, you don't have Deadpool's inner voices clouding the reader with comedy, allowing all characters (including Deadpool) to be taken more seriously.  With his "can do/will do anything for money" attitude, he fits in perfectly with the dirty work expected of the team.  Yeah, when first announced, he didn't seem to fit, but he meshed well in the first story, and maybe they'll elaborate more on why they chose the team in later issues (because frankly, the same question, without the mention of comedy, could be asked about Fantomex).  I think his enhanced healing factor and virtual immortality is his big draw.  They can send him in, guns blazing (the way he likes it) without fear of a casualty. 

Spoiler involving around the way issue #4 ended below.

In the forth book, I honestly expected it to be Deadpool's gun that was smoking at the end.  It would have made perfect sense and been comedic gold, but I'm definitely not disappointed that it wasn't.

EDIT: Deadpool fans should thoroughly enjoy this series, because although you can't read his inner voices, you KNOW he has them.  That makes it all the more funny to me.
    IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By IrishX
    @CyrixSG:
    Some good points. I like Deadpool when he is more serious and I think he fits just fine on this team.
    VZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By VZA

CyrixSG, concerning your spoiler, I completely agree with you and had that been the case then I would have said PERFECT... and I probably would have made this topic about Fantomex instead.  It totally would have made more sense and had been funny had Deadpool been the one.

I guess I could still make that argument... w/o Fantomex there, it would have freed up room to make all of the rest of the characters cooler.  A lot of the mind tricks that Fantomex was responsible for could have been left for Psylocke... Wolverine could have been the no nonsense go in without caution guy... Archangel (at least for this story) was perfect... and if Deadpool had been the one with the smoking gun then it all would have been tied up perfectly. 

Having said all of that, I still enjoy the series and it has only been one story so I guess I'll just sit tight and see where they go with it.

ImBatshitCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ImBatshitCrazy

Just got my hands on #4, I honestly thought it was gonna be DP who was gonna make the killshot there, because the last few panels he was doing nothing.

ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShirEPanjshir
    @ImBatshitCrazy: Yeah. I think everyone assumed it was Deadpool who made the shot. But to find out it wasn't, that was an even bigger shock. I 'm sure Remender & Opena did this on purpose. But don't worry, I expect that we'll be getting a pretty violent Deadpool as well from Remender. He probably doesn't want to put the focus entirely on Wolverine & Deadpool at the start, because a lot of readers might be turned off. I think it's good to see a bit more focus on Psylocke and Fantomex.

Though I hope to see more action from Deadpool in the coming issues.
    Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Iron_Lad

Bet you Fantomex misdirected everyone and let the child Apocalypse live. I don't think Fantomex is that cold-hearted. Psylocke's reaction (or lack thereof) also makes me believe this.

Avatar image for omertalvendetta
    Omertalvendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Omertalvendetta
    @Iron_Lad: I would agree with you had it not been for the next issue where Deadpool and Wolverine address this.  Actually, I think the interaction between Deadpool and Wolverine in issue 5 was kind of a shock, especially what it revealed therein.  Such an awesome series so far.
    Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Iron_Lad
    @omertalvendetta: 

Just finished Uncanny X-Force #5. They didn't address anything in that discussion. Deadpool was having misgivings about being on a team that's willing to kill children with Wolverine justifying it. There was nothing in that conversation that changes my belief that Fantomex didn't really shoot the child. Furthermore, in this issue there was a discussion between Fantomex and his "mother" about ethics. Why Fantomex feels morality when he was designed and created to be a ruthless killer. This discussion further strengthens my belief that we'll see Apocalypse again down the line, alive and well.
    Avatar image for omertalvendetta
    Omertalvendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Omertalvendetta
    @Iron_Lad: I do see your point.  I guess it's entirely possible.  Only that bothers me about it is that it would seem cheap for Remender to use that.  In all truth, I kinda hope it wasn't misdirection; it has a bigger impact on the reader, imo.
    Prims777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11  Edited By Prims777

I loved at the end of issue 4 and all the characters were showing remorse and deadpool was just there scratching his head. Great.

VZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By VZA

Spoilers for Issue 7 follow...
    It looks like @Iron_Lag is absolutely right.  Good call as I never saw this coming.  Only thing is I wish I hadn't read this theory before it actually happened because it sort of took the impact away.

Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Iron_Lad
    @VZA:

Sorry if I somehow spoiled it for you, but it should have been obvious to anyone. I sure as hell wasn't the only one who thought that this was going to happen. I didn't even need to get to issue number 7,  issue number 6 already validated my suspicions.
    Pacperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pacperson

Deadpool has been the best he's been in years on this team, Sure he hasn't done a whole lot yet....but this is a team book. I'm sure we'll get a Deadpool heavy story ark at some point.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.