thanosrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 6

Edited By thanosrules
    No Caption Provided

Well at least it took me an Uncanny amount of time to create them. :)

Seriously, after finally being able to sit down and read this series-to-date (a couple weeks ago) - from beginning to end, in one fell swoop - I just knew I had to review the heck out of these comics.

I realize that I am likely the only person left on the planet that hadn't read this series already (well those that cared about these characters), but in case you have yet to read this unbelievably fantastic series, do so.

If you are wondering about any of the specific issues, here is my reviewer's guide to each:

1. Issue #1: An X-Force to be reckoned with ( 5.0 / 5.0 )
    2. Issue #2: Low Gravity ( 5.0 / 5.0 )
    3. Issue #3: Horsemen Revealed ( 5.0 / 5.0 )
    4. Issue #4: Apocalypse Solved ( 5.0 / 5.0 )
    5. Issue #5: Weapon Infinity ( 4.5 / 5.0 )
    6. Issue #5.1: We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Program... ( 4.5 / 5.0 )
    7. Issue #6: Kill the Future ( 4.5 / 5.0 )
    8. Issue #7: Requiem for a Nation ( 5.0 / 5.0 )
    9. Issue #8: Caged Animals ( 4.5 / 5.0 )
    10. Issue #9: Weapon X-Force ( 4.0 / 5.0 )
    11. Issue #10: Darkness Rising ( 5.0 / 5.0 )
    12. Issue #11: A Dark Beginning ( 5.0 / 5.0 )
    13. Issue #12: Short Lived Reuinion ( 5.0 / 5.0 )
    14. Issue #13: Domestic Dispute ( 5.0 / 5.0 )
    15. Issue #14: Genocide Meets World ( 5.0 / 5.0 )
    16. Issue #15: It's A Small World, After All ( 4.5 / 5.0 )
    17. Issue #16: Mr. Crusty-Bottoms ( 4.5 / 5.0 )
    18. Issue #17: Fire, Ice and Teleportation ( 5.0 / 5.0 )
    19. Issue #18: Uncanny Ending ( 5.0 / 5.0 )
    20. Issue #19: And Then There Were Three? ( 4.0 / 5.0 )
    21. Issue #19.1: So Much Death ( 4.0 / 5.0 )
    22. Issue #20: Omniversal Anomaly ( 5.0 / 5.0 )
    23. Issue #21: One Brain Short ( 4.0 / 5.0 )
    24. Issue #22: Face It ( 4.0 / 5.0 )
    25. Issue #25: Wading through the Clouds ( 5.0 / 5.0 )
    26. Issue #28: The "Final Execution" arc is living up to its namesake... ( 5.0 / 5.0 )

Something that may interest you is the fact that this was the first X-Title I had ever read. So I was on a "new reader learning curve". This benefited me in a couple ways: no prior knowledge for most of the characters, no hangups on the creative teams, and a 100% open mind. While it is not a perfect jumping on point for a new reader, it is worth every bit of confusion to dive right in.

BTW - If you have been following my reviews to date, first off, thank you! :) Secondly, I wanted to let you know that I will be changing my format from the "GOOD, BAD, VERDICT", to a simpler format. This new format will include a paragraph of my thoughts on the issue followed by some kind of non-spoiler related content from the book (notable quoatables, images, etc.).

enJOY!

Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Ganthetsward20

NO 3's or 3.5's...in the entire series????? WOW I hear everyone talk good about it. I'm looking for hardcover trades on amazon but they are about the same on there as they are if I get them at my comic book store. :/

thanosrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By thanosrules

In general, I tend to rate a bit higher, but this series has been fantastic from start to finish. Granted, some of the "filler issues" weren't as great as the rest, but some of the issues deserved more than a 5! :)

I came in late to this series, so I had to scrounge for the individual issues (though the first arc is available in paperback trade and well worth the money). Because some of the individual issues are "rare" (low printing or very popular), they may add up to more than the HC... the problem is, they are real slow to release them as paperbacks... If you see the individual issues as backissues at your LCS, get them.

eBay may be another option, lots of times they sell sets...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.