caladbolglight's Uncanny X-Force #9 - High Art review

Uncanny X-Force Vol 1 9 High Art Review

Magneto sends Dr. Nemesis on an assignment for some intel and Bradley returns on a file on some nazi living in Brazil. X-Force returns to Cavern X from their bout with the Shadow King, and Warren reflects on killing that soldier at the end of last issue. Wolverine assures them they did what they had to do as they enter the Cavern. They find Deathlok (who I'm still not sure is part of the team or just a supporting character) suspended in mid-air by Magneto, who is waiting for them. They all have no idea that how he found out about their existence and he says that that isn't important and that he needs them to take someone out. Wolverine makes some unspoken agreement with him and leaves to take out the target by himself. He arrives in Brazil and kills the man. (I may have missed something because I have a sneaking suspicion that I missed something.

The Good

A very non-verbal issue that portrays a lot of character emotions solely through the use of pictures. Billy Tan does an excellent job at portraying Magneto's feelings about the job, and also gives Wolverine a nice little piece at the end. I like how it's revealed that someone actually finally knows about X-Force, gives it a bit of a new dynamic.

The Bad

If you're not very familiar with Wolverine's personality (like me, I only started reading comics this year with Uncanny X-Force Vol 1 1), then you may find this a confusing issue to follow. Not a lot of background information is given about the target and you kind of want to know what personal history he has with Magneto.

Good as a stand-alone issue, but I'm not exactly a huge fan of those, as I like an extended storyline over several issues. Art is nice and dark as usual  and Rick Rememder's stories are always great.