no_name_'s Uncanny X-Force #9 - High Art review

Wolverine Does Brazil

Is it bad that nearly all of the reviews I have done for Uncanny X-Force have gotten close to a perfect score?

The Good

Do not underestimate the powers of Magneto. Not only is he the "Master of Magnetism," but he probably knows a hell of a lot of stuff you don't know he knows- that he isn't "supposed" to know- which makes this issue even more awesome. Magneto doesn't just casually appear on the cover of Uncanny X-Force #9 because in essence, this issue is all about him. Magneto knows, and has known that X-Force exists as a team, and that they work together to "neutralize threats," but on this particular occasion, Magneto makes a request that would involve revenge.
As a self contained issue, this one really stood out to me. It's incredibly well written, and a fantastic story for any X-Men fan. I absolutely loved it. The pacing in the story by Remender was perfect. I particularly enjoyed the fact that Remender allowed so many of Billy Tan's panels to tell the story for him- something I thought was incredibly well executed.

The Bad

There were no dips or trips in the story. I loved this book.

You know that a comic is really good when the reader can read more deeply beneath the story. Remender allows Tan to tell parts of the story- the underlying reasons for Wolverine's actions and his lack of reluctance. There is a lot more going on in this comic than what the reader will see on the surface- and it's beautiful. Issue #9 is a self contained story that readers new to X-Force can appreciate.
Posted by Xenozoic Shaman

If I could find any "flaw" it would be the lack of dialog making the issue seem short.  Yet, I entirely understand why there is a lack of dialog, and part of that is stated at the end of your review.  There's a lot beneath the surface.  I enjoyed it, and it's obvious that this issue is leading up to something more, given the preview image of issue #10.  Looking forward to it.

Posted by Omertalvendetta

I was going to review this, but you beat me to it.  It was an absolute masterpiece again.  This is truly one of the best series out right now.

Posted by longbowhunter

Damn...that was dark. Sooo good though. I love this title, especially the done-in-one stories. Also glad to see Deathlok sticking around.
Online
Posted by Zjd106

phenomenal, i agree

Posted by sparty-dbq

3 UXF issues in 4 weeks?!  Is it my birthday?

Actually, it was my birthday 2 weeks ago.
Posted by EnSabahNurX

Loved the silence, it says something when an artist can capture all the emotions so that words aren't needed, but I did feel bad for wolverine just because of the look in his eyes:(

This has to be one of my favorite uncanny x-force issues. Just the whole ending was great and was able to picture that whole scene as a small film. The occasional stand alone issue is much appreciated before they delve into the next big arc.
Posted by Man of Lengend

sooooooo good

Posted by doordoor123

For some reason im never too excited to read this book but i still like it when i read it. Actually i didnt like the last arc.

Posted by CombatSpoon86

man another great issue of U X-force. In the last 4 wks, we get 3 issues. Can't complain at all. Looking forward to the next arc. The last two one shot stories were great, and tan is doing a great job so far.

Posted by InnerVenom123

This issue was, frankly, beautiful.

Posted by ShirEPanjshir

A beautiful issue. Sometimes I did kind of feel that the drawings of Magneto were a bit off, compared to the rest, but that's probably just me.