tomlikesfries's Uncanny X-Force #35 - Rainbows, Puppy Dogs & Sunshine review

A brilliant conclusion to a fantastic series

We start off the issue with Wolverine, who mourns the death of Daken. Remender presents brilliant and dramatical monologue, although it's short. And I swear there were damn ninjas cutting onions besides me when I was reading the comic! However, this issue wasn't all cheesy. I mean, there's Deadpool in it! There is funny and dramatical piece of dialogue between Genesis and Wade, who are becoming great friends.

It is explained that Fantomex's brain is divided in three parts. The Ex-Force (Ha ha, get it?) revives Jean-Phillipe, and three Fantomex (or is it Fantomexes?) come back, which, as you'll see, teases the start of a new X-Force and a new villain. This issue feels just like a last number, and it is basically an epilogue, the aftermath of the Final Execution, so, as expected, there isn't any action.

Noto's art is pretty good and fitting for this series, although I really miss Opeña's pencilling. Nevertheless, faces look like faces and it isn't what I'd call inconsistent.

Overall, this was certainly a great conclusion to one of the best series I have ever read. It has touches of humour and drama with great dialogues. Aw, I don't want this to end! I doubt anyone could equal or do any better than what Remender has done here. Uncanny X-Force #35 gets a 8/10.

Posted by John Valentine

So, Blacktomex was the dark-mutant hunting brain, Whitomex was the thief brain and Femtomex was the kind/caring brain?

What was up with Fantomex's mum? Didn't she die in Deathlock Nation?

Posted by tomlikesfries

@John Valentine said:

What was up with Fantomex's mum? Didn't she die in Deathlock Nation?

I also thought about that when I was reading it, and to be honest, I don't know how she was alive.

Posted by John Valentine

@tomlikesfries said:

I think she's either an illusion, or more likely, an interactive VR program, much like Genesis' parents were in his simulated childhood reality.