no_name_'s Uncanny X-Force #10 - The Killer Among Us review

And I Bet You Thought Apoc Was Dead!

I have been consistently blown away by how phenomenal every new issue of Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force has been, but this issue takes the cake.

The Good

Sacrifices, compromises, preemptive strikes and love triangles are all eloquently intermingled in issue #10 of Uncanny X-Force. If you thought the last nine issues of Rick Remender's series have been good, then you should be prepared to have your mind blown in issue 10. Without giving too much away, Warren is slowly losing control of himself as Archangel begins to gradually creep out from the psychic cage Psylocke created for him. To add fuel to this fire, Magneto and Cyclops soon may not be the only people aware of X-Force's existence once blackmail photos of the team on a murder spree wind up on the desk of a hungry reporter. How will they get out of this one?

Not only is the art gorgeous, the pacing of the story is perfect. The characterizations of all team members is spot on. Extremely well written book with an ending that will both shock you and leave you begging for more.

The Bad

There are no bad things about this book. Once fully submerged into this story, you'll find you're in for an amazing ride.

Like I said, this series has been consistently good- but this one is the absolute best. Gorgeous art, brilliant pacing and an ending that will leave you wanting more. Perfect issue.
Posted by GoonFan_12

ah, a fellow lover of this series.  I just came home with this issue.  I have to say, after Uncanny X-Force #9 two weeks ago, this is the first book I have actually been counting days on the calendar until it hit the stands in quite a while.  I have yet to read any of the first 10 issues without being thoroughly satisfied and sort of angry at all the other books I bought that week that just plain weren't as good.  glad to know like minds exist on this one.

Posted by CombatSpoon86

Best issue Of X-Force this month. I know the last two issues were fillers but the story from issue 8 had relations to the Dark Angel saga. I'm excited for the next issue which comes out the first wk of June. Still my top 5 series I pull each month. Has Apocalypse plans come into fruition, gotta read this issue for a good starting off. don't wanna spoil it for people who haven't read it yet

Posted by Man of Lengend

loved this issue x force is my favorite title i read

Posted by Overlander

Did you mean to say "Once fully submerged into this story," or am I missing something?

Edited by longbowhunter

I'm not gonna say I didnt love this issue. But, I really miss Dean White on colors. Hyped to see the AoA universe in play again.
Posted by CombatSpoon86
@longbowhunter

I agree with you on missing dean white, The colors were different but still effective. I think he will be back though during AoA arc, but i did miss him on this issue.

Edited by Chesapeake

I do not get why Warren/Archangel/Angel is so dependent on Phylocke now. She just came back on the Sisterhood Story arc not that long ago. He survived fine all that time she was in Exlies and in between astral planes. I do not remember him having so many issues from the other X-Force or asking Emma to help him. Emma could have seen the risk at Utopia. I know he had some issues but Just kill and let him kill, it's simple. This is not a soap opera. I like the series I just think, the writer is over thinking this issue. Still one of the best series

Posted by No_Name_
@Overlander said:
Yeah, thanks for calling me out ;)
Posted by They Killed Cap!

Was anybody disappointed with the last issue. I thought it wasvery one note.
Posted by Jake Fury

The last 2 issues didn't do much for me, but this one was amazing. My only complaint was that it needed a little more Fantomex.