Would U Buy It #1: "X-Men: Uncanny Origins"

Posted by cbishop (8352 posts) - - Show Bio
#DateWelcome to WUBI # 1:Choose Your View:Attached to Forum:Back/ Next
110/05/10X-Men: Uncanny Origins(Blog) (Forum)Uncanny Origins(Back) (Next)

We all have trade paperback (TPB) collections we'd like to see. Here's one of mine:

Proposed Title:X-Men: Uncanny Origins
Collecting 6 Issues:Uncanny Origins # 1-3, 6, 8, 9.
Covers: (click to enlarge)
TPB Cover: Uncanny Origins #1

Uncanny Origins was a cool series from 1996. This collection would be one issue short of collecting half of the entire run, and collects all of the origins having to do with the X-Men. Personally, I wasn't a big fan of the cartoony art for this series, but I can be a sucker for any origin story, so I can totally overlook it to get this collection in my hands.

We would get the origins of Cyclops, Quicksilver, Archangel, Beast, Nightcrawler and Storm! For the cover, I'd go with Uncanny Origins #1.

Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading.

Thanks for checking out "Would U Buy It!"

More WUBI:

Back/ Next#DateWhich WUBI will it be:
Back (Blog)-09/13/10A Cop's Kid's Thoughts on Cops in Comics
Next (Blog)-11/02/10Multi-Cover Images
Next (WUBI)210/5/10Brave & the Bold, The: City of Assassins

Want more WUBI?ViewTheIndex
Full WUBI Index:(numerical order)(alphabetical order)(categorized)

Thanks again!

#1 Posted by AirDave817 (817 posts) - - Show Bio

I was a fan of DC's Secret Origins title when Roy Thomas was writing some of the Golden-Age secret origins. I even picked up the trade paperback that focused on the Justice League - Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, The Flash and Martian Manhunter.

I bought most of the original, individual issues - even the Venom issue; and I can't stand Venom - so, I probably would pick up a copy of the trade paperback. I liked the art. It's very much all-ages, like Mike Parobeck; Christopher Jones and Terry Beatty.

So, yes, I would by an Uncanny Origins: X-Men Trade Paperback.

#2 Posted by cbishop (8352 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, AirDave. I have the entire run of DC's Secret Origins, and most of the oneshots they did before and after that series - I love DC origins! I was disappointed that Uncanny Origins didn't last as long (or longer). Would still love to see this collection though. Thanks for the comment! (and for being first comment on my first WUBI, at that.) :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.