Question: Can Magneto one shot him?

#1 Posted by Chaos Burn (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, is there anything in comics to suggest that Ultron would not be affected by magnetic powers?

#2 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#3 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, without really knowing for sure, my guess is "no." Ultron is a galaxy level threat, capable of taking on the Avengers and is one of the smartest, most cunning villains around. Surely it takes more than a magnet to defeat him.

#4 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart said:

Well, without really knowing for sure, my guess is "no." Ultron is a galaxy level threat, capable of taking on the Avengers and is one of the smartest, most cunning villains around. Surely it takes more than a magnet to defeat him.

- Back in the day I would agree that Magneto could easily rip him in half like he skinned the bones of Wolverine, but since the Avengers Unlimited arc they have really been pushing him as a bigger and bigger threat. His involvement in the recent cosmic events show this to an even greater level.

- It may not have been explained, but I think its safe to assume that Ultron is immune to EMP and magnetic manipulation due to some technological means yet to be named.

- Again, like anything in comics, any characters status can be changed at any moment if a writer feels like it. This is just my guess based on the past decade.

#5 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Herokiller12344 said:

Nope.

This. Despite everything he's been through, I don't see a reason why Magneto can use his powers to defeat him.

#6 Posted by Tellumo (511 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say that for now he can but this only due to there being no writer stating Ultron is immune to Magneto, otherwise the classic Magneto removing the adamantium from Wolverine shows that he could do the same to Ultrons body, or at the minimum the insides of Ultron which are never adamantium.

#7 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

If that's the case then you think between Iron Man, Ant-man, Black Panther, and Beast(especially Beast) would have tried using this against him some kind of way

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.