Follow

Ultimates

Team » Ultimates appears in 564 issues.

Originally a group of supersoldiers recruited by Nick Fury as a means of defending the world and protecting America's best interests under the department of Homeland Security. The team at one point distanced themselves from the US government to deal with threats independently but have recently joined back up with S.H.I.E.L.D. Now they serve as the ultimate team to fight any and all disturbances in the Marvel Universe.

Question about the Marvel Ultimate series..

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MethodMan008

So one of my co-workers just got me into Marvel...  I read his 4 The Ultimates Books and then Ultimate X-Men and I loved them all... 

Therefor I really want to get into the Ultimate universe..  I am definitely going to pick up the Ultimate Thor issues because I thought he was incredible in the Ultimates books...  Do you folks have any other recommendations for comic series in the Ultimate universe? 

He's been reading comics for the last ten years or so I take most of his advice when it comes to comics and he said the dude that writes most of Marvels stuff now, Brian David Bendis (or something like that... He has three names.. You probably know who I am talking about by now) is a terrible writer that just does stereotypical stories all the time...  You guys agree with that?  I gonna check out a few of his comics to see if I like him myself but I was wondering if that was the general consensus among fans. 

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

Brian Michael Bendis really isn't a horrible writer...but that's beside the point....if you're looking for a good Ultimate book then check Ultimate Spider-man start with issue 1...really good stuff and the start of the Ultimate Universe

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp

Brian Michael Bendis isn't a horrible writer. At least I don't think so. I just think that his plots are horrible. As for the ultimate universe Ultimate Spiderman is good, and I also liked Ultimate Fantastic Four.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MethodMan008

Cool, I will definitely pick up Ultimate Spiderman and I'll check out Ultimate Fantastic Four... For some reason I have never really been interested in them... Is Silver Surfer in it? 

Also, good to hear that writer isn't garbage.

davelecave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By davelecave

I for one think Brian Michael Bendis is awesome.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

Bendis isn't a bad writer he just apparently hates Marvel fans

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MethodMan008
    @joshmightbe:  
    Can you explain that for a relative comic noob? 

I'm guessing you mean he has written good stuff in the past but you don't like his Marvel stuff?
    -The Renegade-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8  Edited By -The Renegade-

Brian Michael Bendis does some very good work, but on characters that he is more comfortable with. For example, his run on ultimate spider-man and Daredevil are great series, but some may argue that his run on New Avengers and Avengers is week. I personally like Bendis, but sometimes he can be irritating lol. He did some major events for Marvel, like Secret Invasion which I thought wasn't very good, but he also did Siege which was much better.
    Like the others, I recommend you read ultimate spider-man.

Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mumbles

Bendis is good, but lately his marvel stuff isn't up to par to his old stuff.

Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Duo_forbidden

I love Bendis work. The only real problem have with him is sometimes he can pack issues with a lot of dialouge. Most of it is funny, while some of it drags on during the story. 
    Ultimate Spider-man is my favorite in the Marvel Universe. Ultimates 1 and 2 were great as well, and if you're an Iron Man fan, I recommend Ultimate Armor Wars.

Avatar image for aussiebushwacker
    aussiebushwacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By aussiebushwacker

i'm one of the bendis haters. his story's are weak. he tries too hard with his stuff. kinda over does it. i know thats what a lotta comics are about but the best don't. look at late 90's comics way over exagerating and trying to tell you how important they are. that's my opion anyway

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.