Poor Ultimates Page

#1 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that the one sentence page for the Ultimates (team) was a disgrace to this site, so I sat down for a couple hours and typed.

Any comments on it? Things that need to be changed?

I left the Grand Theft America arc out because it wasn't finished yet.

#2 Posted by -000 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks, I was waiting for someone to make an Ultimates article. Good job.

#3 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks!

Hope I did a good job, I sat there flipping through my trades.

#4 Posted by Mind (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice job. Solid stuff.

#5 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

It's good so far, but adding pictures is the total pwnage.

#6 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

That's why I just asked how to, I'll add pictures tonight (I have to leave for school soon).

#7 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I said it on your page, but I just want to say in public, "good job."

#8 Posted by Icoop (310 posts) - - Show Bio

snap, I was going to do that when I got my comic books from back home, but I'm glad to see Ultimates getting some props, cause it bothered me a little that no one appeared to be interested enough to write one besides myself. Nice job too (probably a lot nicer than I would have :O) and theres always issue summaries :D

#9 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ultimate U is what got me into comics.

If it weren't for Bendis, I don't know where I would be.

#10 Posted by Icoop (310 posts) - - Show Bio

pish posh, Bendis is the weaker half of the Ultimate U, Millar is where its at.(Although I'm looking forward to the next two Ultimates which wont be written by either)

#11 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis started the Ultimate U with Ultimate Spider-Man, and I enjoy his writing.

But I won't disagree to your opinion about Millar.

#12 Posted by Mind (256 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus Millar really blew it, IMO.

I'm a Bendis fan too.

#13 Posted by Icoop (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Intervener says:

"Bendis started the Ultimate U with Ultimate Spider-Man, and I enjoy his writing. But I won't disagree to your opinion about Millar."

I always thought it was a collaborative effort between the two, good to know though. And Bendis is fine, Ultimates is just my favorite of the U Universe, so yeah :D

#14 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I like Ultimate Spider-Man, it's the title that got me into comics!

I just put pictures throughout the article, check on it every now and then for them, I'll also do the Grand Theft America arc after it's finished.

#15 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

nice job on the page

#16 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

You need to use pictures from comicvine. Just put them in the gallery and then put them in.

#17 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

I know, but I'm at school right now.

#18 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

It was rejected (the pictures) because they were on photobucket.

#19 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Intervener says:

"It was rejected (the pictures) because they were on photobucket. "

It's a web standard that you dont hot link images in wiki pages or blog pages or article pages. You can do it in forums but then you are supposed to leave a link to the source website too.

Staff
#20 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, I'll be sure to remember that.

#21 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, finally got around to putting up the pictures for the article. I also wrote the part about "Grand Theft America", although it isn't quite finished yet because the final issue of Ultimates 2 is yet to be released.
Post Edited:2007-04-14 20:26:47

#22 Posted by sunblazer (22 posts) - - Show Bio

So has anyone read the first issue of Ultimates 3...is anyone else a little peeved off like I am? Mostly on the disregard of continuity. I like Jeph Loeb and what he did on Batman Hush, but...I want to hear other responses first.

#23 Posted by wilyZ (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not usually a stickler for spelling, but after seeing Nick Fury spelled as Nick Furry, I couldn't help but picture a teddy bear in a SHIELD uniform.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.