Mark Millar Unveils New Ultimate Line Up

Posted by G-Man (29408 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Millar has posted a sneak peak for New Ultimates.  The penciled cover by Leinil Yu shows what appears to be the Punisher, Wasp, Nick Fury, Jim Rhodes, Hawkeye and... Rage?  Rich Johnston over at Bleeding Cool referred to the big guy as "the new Hulk."  I don't know if he's on to something as I try to avoid spoilers and any upcoming information as much as I can.  This is actually from issue #9 so...

What do you think of this line up?

Staff
#1 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
interesting....
#2 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19709 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man:
that's not Wasp, it's the new Black Widow aka Nick Fury's ex wife
#3 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap Punisher is back lol

#4 Posted by G-Man (29408 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir: I was going with what Bleeding Cool said...
Staff
#5 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19709 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" @Emperor Gonzo Noir: I was going with what Bleeding Cool said... "

ok I figured that , just setting the record straight
#6 Posted by Archetype (731 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Rage! I like that Punisher look although it's a bit like Paladin! Ultimate Fury!

#7 Posted by LP (671 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting...

#8 Posted by sora_thekey (8105 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Tmul501 (595 posts) - - Show Bio

That Hulk is the african-american hulk. He's mentioned in a couple of interviews with Millar. No specifics, just that there is an african-american hulk.

#10 Posted by sora_thekey (8105 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:
"Mark Millar has posted a sneak peak for New Ultimates.  The penciled cover by Leinil Yu shows what appears to be the Punisher, Wasp, Nick Fury, Jim Rhodes, Hawkeye and... Rage?  Rich Johnston over at Bleeding Cool referred to the big guy as "the new Hulk."  I don't know if he's on to something as I try to avoid spoilers and any upcoming information as much as I can.  This is actually from issue #9 so...

"
Oh and this is from Ultimate Comics Avengers not New Ultimates.... 

Yu is the artist for the next arc of this story

#11 Posted by iLLituracy (13522 posts) - - Show Bio

The new Hulk looks like a mix between Luke Cage and Rage...

#12 Posted by TheSavageAssasin (2761 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks tight!

#13 Posted by pixelized (62881 posts) - - Show Bio

So Lame.

#14 Posted by rpaolasso (30 posts) - - Show Bio

nice!
#15 Edited by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

They look like a 90s team and where's the creepy Spiderman from Ultimate Avengers #3?

#16 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as they have Hawkeye in it and Millar is writing it I'm psyched. I can't wait to see where this leads.  Has the Punisher been introduced in the Ultimate world yet? 
#17 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah they do kinda look like a 90s team. They just need more pockets and some giant guns.

#18 Posted by Anderson: Agent of SMITH (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really digging Punisher Cap. I'll wait and see how Millar plays it though. And isn't Rage like the blaxploitation version of Billy Batson?
#19 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm... strange
#20 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

bit odd to see Punisher on a team.
#21 Posted by The_Warlord (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

This line-up looks sweet

#22 Posted by sora_thekey (8105 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
"The new Hulk looks like a mix between Luke Cage and Rage... "

I don' t think that's hulk... Cause in the UCA #3 cover he was big and green.... unless this him before "hulking"  

@goldenkey said:
"As long as they have Hawkeye in it and Millar is writing it I'm psyched. I can't wait to see where this leads.  Has the Punisher been introduced in the Ultimate world yet?  "

Yeah in Ultimate Spider-Man, in an Ultimate Spidey Annual and was introduced in Ultimate Marvel Team-Up for 3 issues
#23 Posted by FrischDVH (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats too bad, I really dig the Red Wasp. Her character has an interesting story. Whats the 411 on Creepy Spiderman?

#24 Posted by War Killer (19482 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
"
@G-Man said:
"Mark Millar has posted a sneak peak for New Ultimates.  The penciled cover by Leinil Yu shows what appears to be the Punisher, Wasp, Nick Fury, Jim Rhodes, Hawkeye and... Rage?  Rich Johnston over at Bleeding Cool referred to the big guy as "the new Hulk."  I don't know if he's on to something as I try to avoid spoilers and any upcoming information as much as I can.  This is actually from issue #9 so...

"
Oh and this is from Ultimate Comics Avengers not New Ultimates....  Yu is the artist for the next arc of this story  "
Yeah, and I think that's Ultimate Falcon, not War Machine
#25 Posted by dc-kid21 (154 posts) - - Show Bio

oooooo no new spidey guy

#26 Posted by War Killer (19482 posts) - - Show Bio
@burr787 said:
"They look like a 90s team and where's the creepy Spiderman from Ultimate Avengers #3? "

@dc-kid21 said:
"oooooo no new spidey guy "

Okay I think people are fogetting that each team you see in each story arc, will not be in the next one, Ultimate Avengers is Nick Firy's team that he uses for different missions, meaning that the charcters you see in the current arc, will not be in the next, meaning "The Spider" (as in the creepy Spider-Man we saw in #3, that The Spider is his name by the way) will not be in the next arc since Nick changes the team's around after each story is complete, which means, War Machine, Nerd Hulk, Red Wasp, and The Spider will not be in the next arc.
#27 Posted by Blowout (217 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" @Emperor Gonzo Noir: I was going with what Bleeding Cool said... "
I agree. That looks like the new black widow to me. 
#28 Posted by havco (87 posts) - - Show Bio

that's Jim Rhodes  I thought that was falcon
#29 Posted by Darkchild (40542 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm so Rhody is the guy next to Fury and Hawkeye? WTF is up with Punishers suit?

#30 Posted by Obsurity (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't think I'll be picking this up. I enjoyed the artwork in the current series but storyline didn't appeal to me.

#31 Posted by iLLituracy (13522 posts) - - Show Bio
@goldenkey said:
" As long as they have Hawkeye in it and Millar is writing it I'm psyched. I can't wait to see where this leads.  Has the Punisher been introduced in the Ultimate world yet?  "
He has. He wasn't a war vet, though. He was a cop turned vigilante who was last locked up in prison, if I recall correctly.
#32 Posted by War Killer (19482 posts) - - Show Bio
@Obsurity said:
"Don't think I'll be picking this up. I enjoyed the artwork in the current series but storyline didn't appeal to me. "
Do you even know the storyline?
#33 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (262 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain said:
" bit odd to see Punisher on a team. "
That's what I'm thinking too, it's strange to see him and Hawkeye and Fury all on the team. They've gone from a superhero to a shooting squad...
#34 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio
@Obsurity said:
"Don't think I'll be picking this up. I enjoyed the artwork in the current series but storyline didn't appeal to me. "

You didn't like the Millar run on Ultimates?  Wow, I'm surprised.  I didn't think anyone didn't like it. 
#35 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@UnsolvedParadox said:
" @Bruce Vain said:
" bit odd to see Punisher on a team. "
That's what I'm thinking too, it's strange to see him and Hawkeye and Fury all on the team. They've gone from a superhero to a shooting squad... "

I think I've just given up on the Ultimate universe.
#36 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

:O  Wasp looks soo cool !!

#37 Edited by waruikumo (357 posts) - - Show Bio

ULTIMATE A-TEAM UNITE!!!!!? Any one else get that vibe? Just a touch? 

At least they are going in different directions, I am still coming to terms with No Cyclops or Wolverine.  But it would be redundant, I can't imagine many wolverine storys haven't been told at this point, and Cyclops is center stage in Uncanny now (YAYYY!!! Finally). Hey MILLAR how about some new characters/Storylines? 

PS The Ultimate Jim Rhodes is a BADD @$$.  Not that Im a republican or anything, but when he (SPOILER) cooked that whole settlement in the current issue of Ult Avengers, it was a DAYYYYUM moment 4 sure.

#38 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool.

#39 Posted by Druid (104 posts) - - Show Bio

This is why I like the Ultimate universe. It's all up in the air and you never know what is going to happen. It's interesting to see how things play out and the parallels between that universe and the one we are used to.
#40 Posted by Dr. Detfink (460 posts) - - Show Bio

This is part of the team sent to hunt down Cap and I like it. War Machine is bad ass as well as a Daniel Craig looking brother of Tony Stark.

#41 Posted by mitchell_707 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

is the the new ultimate's or the ultimate avengers?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.