Why did the Ultimate X-Men series got cancelled?

#1 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering about why the "Ultimate X-Men" series got cancelled when it was doing so well at comic book sales?

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12602 posts) - - Show Bio

because it turned to crap.

Seriously I think it was there intention to end the Ultimate series as evidenced when everyone died in the last crossover. The issues ran a 100 books and was supposed end I believe. I think the sales were doing poorly actually but I could be wrong

#3 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I left the series in the 70ish issue zone. It went way too far off the tracks of a good x-men book for me. But yes, sales were poor from what I hear. But take heart, Ultimate X-men is coming back!

#4 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah. The last few issues got so terrible that it was just shocking how it turned so bad afterwards.

#5 Posted by Jake Fury (18169 posts) - - Show Bio

Loeb killed all of them.
#6 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

i didnt even know there was an ultimate x-men series going. I would have probably got it. I wish they would put more out on Logans son

#7 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate X-Men lost it around the 50 mark. Up until then everything was so good.

#8 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

My question, How long does the Ultimate universe, need to last, before they get their own Sites? They tried to end the ultimate universe, but they kept it going! If i want to look up Ultimate Prof. X he should have his own site! not just 1615 marvel universe, cause i don't know if this one knows the skulls? or other ones?

#9 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly because I just want the Ultimate Fantastic Four to have it's own space!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.