inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
      The Ultimate universe tends to be incredibly serious, except for the little world Spider-Man lives in. Ultimate Comics Spider-Man is a lot more fun compared to its other Ultimate counterparts. It follow Peter Parker through high school as he deals with all the woes of being a teenager, along with fighting super-powered criminals, while keeping his grades up.

The Good 
    Again, this book is a lot of fun, so much so that after looking through it again, I noticed I ignored the ads because I was so engrossed with what was going on. I really do like Bendis' writing. It brings me back to those days of awkwardness in high school that I try ever so hard to forget, except I didn't have any super-powers. I like seeing Ultimate Spider-Woman thrown back into the mix of things, especially since she is a Peter Parker clone, which makes for some awkward moments later on in the issue.

The Bad 
    This book was a little too Spider-Woman heavy. I would have liked to see a little more of Spider-Man swinging through the streets, but this focused mostly on Spider-Woman back in town. I usually like the art by Lafuente, but for some reason, I became a little annoyed with it. At times, it became a little too much like an episode of Dragonball Z for me. Lots of anime-esque action.

The Verdict
     This hasn't been the strongest issue of the series, but it is still a great series none-the-less. If you want to keep your run going, or see how the whole Spider-Woman thing turns out, pick up the book. If you're a casual reader of the series, you may want to pass. In my opinion, this series is the best of what the Ultimate universe is currently offering. This issue may not have been the strongest, but this book is usually phenomenal. 

3.5/5
    cold_fuzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By cold_fuzion

Woo! We need more ultimate Spider-Woman.

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By ComicCrazy

That's an awesome cover by Lafuente.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123

Huh. Might go see it.

iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By iloverobots

The Bad  
    This book was a little too Spider-Woman heavy. I would have liked to see a little more of Spider-Man swinging through the streets, but this focused mostly on Spider-Woman back in town. I usually like the art by Lafuente, but for some reason, I became a little annoyed with it. At times, it became a little too much like an episode of Dragonball Z for me. Lots of anime-esque action.   

I found that too, but I'm assuming they had to use 1 issue as a starting point of a new arc following Spider-Woman. I enjoy Ultimate Spider-Man; the first series was great and it seems like Ultimate Comics will be just as good. It's a fun book, a bit childish at times but enjoyable. Ultimate Comics Enemy (I think 2 issues are out so far) seems to be following the same crew (and Nick Fury and some ex-Fantastic Four) so if you enjoy Ultimate Comic Spidey, it's worth checking out.
    KCsuperman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By KCsuperman09

ok it looks good

Dipic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dipic

I'm sorry but Lafuente needs to go.

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @Dipic:  
    I don't might the art and I can tolerate below par art if the story's good but I kinda agree. 
    The first ultimate Spidey had Bagley and Immonen and both were great. 
    Give us great here too.
    Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Argentino_18

I love Ultimate Universe, I usually re-read many times the different series.... 
    I have even a theme song to read each series

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

im getting it tommorrow so i will see if i agree with this review tommorrow. 

shajaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By shajaki

*havent read issue 9 yet* 

too much spider-girl? ever since issue 101 or whenever she popped up, ive been waiting for her to return. am i the only one who thinks this is a big deal? she made what id call a cameo in usm's ultimatum arc and thats it. the usm clone saga was a long ago people. where has she been? what has she been doing this whole time? i hope i find out in issue 9.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By doordoor123

I like the art a lot.
    Its different than any other art nowadays and its great for the feel of the series.
    .... so shut up anyone who doesnt like it. read something else.
    I DO agree that there were some awkward moments with the art but its still great.
    I also love spider-girl in this. There were times in this issue where i actually laughed out loud, which doesnt happen with me a lot.
    i would give this a 3.5/5 also. I just dont feel like much happend plot wise. But it was still a good issue.
    Lets just hope the story picks up from here.

Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Joe Venom

Bravo Bendis this was an excellent issue, he is slowly building nice little universe for Ultimate Spiderman and his amazing friends and I like it.

I like how he address the problem that many had with the way David Lafuente drew Spiderman in funny yet clever way. This is truly a fun book and I hope that this creative team( Bendis/ Miyazawa)sticks together for a long time.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By sora_thekey

I want to read this!! 
    Spider-Woman is such an intresting character in the Ultimate U!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.