sora_thekey's Ultimate Spider-Man #154 - Death of Spider-Man: Prelude review

Remember That Scene From Jungle Book?

Brian Bendis continues to amaze me. The man is able to put out 3+ titles a month and still be on his game. Can you tell I liked this issue?

The Good
Spider-Man's super hero classes are on hiatus while Black Cat and Mysterio fight for the Zodiac Key. After writing that last sentence I realized how weird comic books can get sometimes (and I haven't read Age of X yet). Reestablishing friendships and relationships are just some of the many things that happened in this issue. The Sara Pinchelli is now one of my favorite artists. She captures all those details in the backgrounds and expressions that makes you get sucked into the story even more. There was a two page spread that reminded me a lot of a scene from Disney's Jungle Book when the animals are all fighting for Mowgli right before the ruins are... ruined. Read this issue and you will know what I am talking about.

The Bad
Aside from my usual problems I have with LaFuente's art in the title (Don't get me wrong, he's a great artist but ever since he started on this book I have felt his style didn't fit), I am still unsure how this book will tie to the much anticipated Death of Spider-Man arc.

The Verdict - 4 out of 5
There was an ending to the story in this issue. It was not something we haven't seen before yet it was a nice closure, but I am now even more hesitant to know what is in store for Peter in Death of Spider-Man.

Posted by Joe Venom

Great review!

"What if I think about the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man?" lol oh the simple things in life..