Follow

Ultimate Marvel

Concept » Ultimate Marvel appears in 1063 issues.

Marvel's Ultimate Comics line is a series of books featuring re-imagined versions of their characters.

Where the hell do I start?

Krypton-115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I've been wanting to get into the Ultimate Universe of Marvel for a while now, and now I'm done. I just read about some incredible things happening in the ultimate universe, like Mr. Fantastic becoming Doctor Doom, Spider-Man dying along with Daredevil, Magneto and a whole bunch of other characters. I really want to read all of this, but I've never read a single page of Ultimate Comics, so where the hell do I start?

Krypton-115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

So I've done some google-ing, and I've read that there are 4 "cycles" in the Ultimate U, the first one being some sort of Super Soldier Serum Cold War, ending with an event called Ultimatum, that everyone apparently hates. The second cycle ending with the death of spider-man, and the next ending with Cataclysm. What's the best "cycle"?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm curious about this too now that the Universe has ended. Now it's more like one complete story rather than a comic line to follow.

What I'd really like to know more about is a reading order. I know to start with the main four books Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, and X-Men, but now the question is how far to read each series and when to read the event miniseries?
    What's a rough timeline to read and follow to go through the saga of the Ultimate Universe and get the big picture from start to finish?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.