inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The Good

What a wonderful set-up to this United We Stand story line. This is already turning out to be an incredibly epic story. Kitty Pryde works with Nick Fury in order to raise a mutant army to take down the sentinels. We get to meet some new mutants, and a few of them look incredibly familiar. It finally feels like we're seeing an expanded X-Men world again. For so long, this book felt so contained and only the actual mutants in this world were the X-Men. I'm glad to see it branching out a bit more.

There's some great development with Rogue here as she meets a man (Is that Kid Omega? I hope so!) that she may be able to actually have a relationship with. I've said it before. Brian Wood is great at writing people. I know that sounds weird, since any writer should be good at "writing people," but Wood seems to have a better understanding of a character's emotion and how those emotions affect their actions than any other contemporary writer. And, as I've said before, he's wonderful with dialogue writing.

Well, this is a first. There are two pencilers on this book, Carlo Barberi and Paco Medina, and not only did I not notice on my first read-through, but I couldn't find anywhere where the art was inconsistent. Yes, I went through again to be nit-picky. I love the fact that this book had multiple people doing pencils and the art never changed up. Thank you. Aside from that, I love how gorgeous this art looks here. It has a great style that fits the book, and the colors and shading are fantastic.

This issue has one fantastic reveal page.

The Bad

This issue revolves heavily around Kitty Pryde and Nick Fury. I wish there was a bit more room for the other X-Men in this issue as well.

I felt like I zoomed through this issue. I really wanted more, which isn't a bad thing, but I'm personally becoming more and more impatient with waiting a month to read this book. So, essentially, my problem with this issue is that I feel it's so addicting that I can't wait 30 days, or so, to read it.

The Verdict

Have I ever mentioned how much I love the Ultimate Universe? I think I have. This book is great. I love the new story line so far, and love seeing Kitty in a leadership position. Rogue finds someone to love in this issue, and it looks like Kid Omega; however, it's the Ultimate Universe, for all I know, this could actually be Ultimate Doug Ramsey. The writing and art are fantastic here, and I was really surprised there were two different pencilers on this book because I couldn't tell the difference. This is so close to a 5/5 for me... so close.

My only problem with this issue was that it moved way to fast for me.

Overall, I highly recommend this issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.