The mysterious Mutant Zero, from The Initiative....

• 64 results
#1 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if she has been revealed yet, but Dan Slott says that she's a well-known mutant that has been 'cover-worthy' many times. Who do you y'all think she is? I don't have a clue. :P

#2 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

Who do you think it is?

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been wondering who she is. I thought it might be like a background character but now they're saying she's well-known? I want to figure it out now.

#4 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

We could narrow it down.

Female, popular, crazy stealthy and also extremely violent(for some reason I'm betting she's connected to Wolverine somehow) uses blades, what else?

#5 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Who do you think it is?"

Man, I couldn't say. There have been too-many well-known 'cover-worthy' characters in Marvel. Like I said. Don't have a clue. LOL

#6 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a chick, and a mutant right? My first thought is Wanda, second thought is Cassandra Nova.

#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Female, popular, crazy stealthy and also extremely violent(for some reason I'm betting she's connected to Wolverine somehow) uses blades, what else?"

sounds like Kitty Pryde to me lol

M

#8 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

I've heard if she hears her true name it could lead to a mental breakdown.

#9 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"sounds like Kitty Pryde to me lolM"

Not crazy enough.

Static Shock says:

"They say she can only be 'activated' once in a mission. I'm guessing she's a cyborg, or something.
Post Edited:2007-12-09 06:03:09"

I think that's just the term they're using to sound all mission-y but you could be right.

#10 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

They say she can only be 'activated' once in a mission. I'm guessing she's a cyborg, or something.
Post Edited:2007-12-09 06:03:09

#11 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

They also say its not an obscure character, and (I think this is a pretty big clue) casual readers of the book will know who it is. I was thinking maybe it was Blink, but I'm not sure if the average reader knows who she is.

#12 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

It has to be a female mutant that's been MIA for sometime.

#13 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#14 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

616 Blink, back from the dead. Thats the horse I'm backing. and Wanda :P

#15 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"616 Blink, back from the dead. Thats the horse I'm backing. *and Wanda :P*"

I can understand Blink. But, Wanda?

Wait... You might be on to something about Wanda. The mental breakdown thing you mentioned might be tied to her.

#16 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"It has to be a female mutant that's been MIA for sometime. "

Goblin Queen under telepathic control from someone?

shrugs

M

#17 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Goblin Queen under telepathic control from someone?***shrugs***M"

I don't know. She killed herself, remember?

#18 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Static Shock says:
"It has to be a female mutant that's been MIA for sometime. "

Goblin Queen under telepathic control from someone?

shrugs

M"

I don't think the casual reader knows who Madelyne Pryor is. Plus she has no martial arts training. Where as Wanda actually trained under Swordsman for a short period.

#19 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Gambler says:

Wait... You might be on to something about Wanda. The mental breakdown thing you mentioned might be tied to her."

I don't think Blink was crazy/violent enough, and Wanda does not strike me as someone who uses blades (or physical for that matter) and is the right kinda of crazy. She's got psychological problems sure, but she's not violent. Also, she's currently elsewhere. If Marrow weren't depowered I'd think of her.

#20 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you think?

#21 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Static Shock says:
"Gambler says:

Wait... You might be on to something about Wanda. The mental breakdown thing you mentioned might be tied to her."

I don't think Blink was crazy/violent enough, and Wanda does not strike me as someone who uses blades (or physical for that matter) and is the right kinda of crazy. She's got psychological problems sure, but she's not violent. Also, she's currently elsewhere. If Marrow weren't depowered I'd think of her."

Yeah well Speedball wasn't violent either, now look at him. But your right, Wanda is a real long shot but I'm still holding out hope. What about Psylocke? Whats she doing now a days?

#22 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah. Anyway, read the thing and it said that it will be someone even people who don't read comic will know.

EDIT: I meant "nah" for my own post not yours about Psylocke, but I don't think it's her. She's busy right now elsewhere and shes one of the numbered 198 (and Mutant Zero is not) and she doesn't seem to fit for a few other reasons.
Post Edited:2007-12-09 06:30:59

#23 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#24 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was Psylocke too. But, she's now in the same timeline with the Exiles.
Post Edited:2007-12-09 06:57:09

#25 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Anyone want to make bets? We each pick who we think it is, the winner gets to choose the losers avatar. They then must wear this avatar for one week. Anyone? Anyone?

Mutant Zero

Post Edited:2007-12-09 06:38:39

#26 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Not ready to guess yet. Gotta think more.

#27 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

it looks kinda like Pyslocke to me.
Post Edited:2007-12-09 06:48:00

#28 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

She's with Psylocke in the exiles/excalibur thing, she's also not a character that people who don't read comics much would recognize.

#30 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

a female wolverine clone?

like X23 but... you know, older and hotter?

M

#31 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

You know who I'd like it to be? Dagger. She has ties to Bangle, who I believe is in the Initiative, and I dare say she's cover worthy. She has the agility and her mental state may be questionable do to past drug usage and her lil episode in Civil War.

#32 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe it's Husk

#33 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

I still say its Dagger.

#34 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's Dazzler.

#35 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

I think both of you are wrong.

#36 Posted by warlock360 (28057 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Methos says:
"sounds like Kitty Pryde to me lolM"

Not crazy enough.

Static Shock says:

"They say she can only be 'activated' once in a mission. I'm guessing she's a cyborg, or something.
Post Edited:2007-12-09 06:03:09"

I think that's just the term they're using to sound all mission-y but you could be right."

x-23

#37 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

They said she's been on several covers, not been accounted for since M-Day, mentally unstable and has several different powers. That rules out most of the guesses here.

My guess would be Typhoid Mary.

#39 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

aztek_the_lost says:

"fesak says:
"They said she's been on several covers, not been accounted for since M-Day, mentally unstable and has several different powers. That rules out most of the guesses here.My guess would be Typhoid Mary."

that's a pretty good guess as it fits every clue except for one, the casual reader would not know her"

Yeah, i think so since she has been in a movie. It doesn't matter that it sucked, there were still way more people that saw it, than readers of any top 10 comic.

#40 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"aztek_the_lost says:
"fesak says:
"They said she's been on several covers, not been accounted for since M-Day, mentally unstable and has several different powers. That rules out most of the guesses here.My guess would be Typhoid Mary."

that's a pretty good guess as it fits every clue except for one, the casual reader would not know her"

Yeah, i think so since she has been in a movie. It doesn't matter that it sucked, there were still way more people that saw it, than readers of any top 10 comic."

yeah but that's another one of Hollywood's complete misrepresentations of a character...so if they believe that to be her, would that still count as them knowing her

#41 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#42 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack the Ripper says:

"fesak says:
"aztek_the_lost says:
"fesak says:

Yeah, i think so since she has been in a movie. It doesn't matter that it sucked, there were still way more people that saw it, than readers of any top 10 comic."

yeah but that's another one of Hollywood's complete misrepresentations of a character...so if they believe that to be her, would that still count as them knowing her"

That doesn't really matter. The clue we're talking about was that she is recognizable even for those that doesn't read comics on a regular basis.

#43 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

I just thought of something. Mutant Zero could be anyone if this ties in to Secret Invasion. Marvel said that there's skrulls on every major team, so there has to be some X-Men that have been replaced by skrulls and then the original could be Mutant Zero.

Or it could be the real Elektra since we don't know where she is, they just have to retcon her into a mutant.

#44 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"I just thought of something. Mutant Zero could be anyone if this ties in to Secret Invasion. Marvel said that there's skrulls on every major team, so there has to be some X-Men that have been replaced by skrulls and then the original could be Mutant Zero.Or it could be the real Elektra since we don't know where she is, they just have to retcon her into a mutant."

That Skrull thing is a great idea.

#45 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't realize this thread was still alive. Anyone been reading the Initiative lately?

#46 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

There's another thread like this with more up to date info. Alot of us believe Mutant Zero is Typhoid Mary.

#47 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"There's another thread like this with more up to date info. Alot of us believe Mutant Zero is Typhoid Mary."

I hope so I miss Mary.

#48 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"There's another thread like this with more up to date info. Alot of us believe Mutant Zero is Typhoid Mary."

It's a possibility. We haven't heard from her in ages. Anyway, you got the link for that thread?

#49 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Check the Mutant Zero page. (Might have to merge that if it is Typhoid.)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.