Follow

Two-Face

Character » Two-Face appears in 1786 issues.

Formerly the D.A. of Gotham City, Harvey Dent was an ally of Batman and Commissioner Gordon until he had acid thrown onto the left side of his face by a mob boss, scarring him for life. The incident drove Harvey insane and he became Two-Face, obsessed with chance and always carrying a double-headed coin, which he flips to determine his every decision.

What Makes Him Tic?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Okay, other then the Joker, Tqo-Face is one of my favorite Batman villains of all time, I've always been intrigued by the way he does things and how he makes up his mind with just a flip of a coin, but this has been bugging me for the past week and I can't figure this one thing out and I'm asking any of you who can answer this question for me to speak out. 

I know that when Harvey was hit in the face with acid, his face and psyche was damaged (or "scared") and that he makes all of his chooses with the fild of a coin, but my question is - How does he chose whether he'll commit a crime or do nothing, does he just wake up one day and flip his coin and either go do that crime or does he just go back to sleep? 

Two-Face, what drives you?
    Two-Face, what drives you?
    Avatar image for rorschach_s_ghost
    Rorschach's Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Rorschach's Ghost

Its not as simple as Dent simply deciding to be good one day or bad. Harvey is a legal expert and his alter-ego is a homicidal maniac. Obviously Dent can never be a law abiding citizen as his alter-ego won't allow it and both sides are interdependent as a whole. Crime is his only option. Harvey is a legal / criminal mastermind. His alter-ego is a stand alone ruthless killer. His two aspects combined are insane but, effective.

The two personas exist at the same time so, when confronted with decisions there are two possibilities: 

1) Simple things are automatically decided as their 'no brainers' and both aspects agree on them (the decision to get a sandwhich or get dressed for example)

2) If there isn't an agreement on action between the two personalities, Dent flips the coin as a deciding factor of which impulse to act on (Do you black mail someone or, do you shoot them in the face 5 times?)

Maybe that helps??

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.