Follow

Turok

Character » Turok appears in 385 issues.

Gold Key and former Dell character also published under licence by Whitman, Valliant, Dark Horse, Acclaim and Dynamite. Turok and his friend Andar were stranded in the "sewer of the universe" known as the lost land. A land inhabited by dinosaurs and savage barbarians. The duo are constantly pursued by a giant honker (their word for dinosaurs).

Turok Throughout the Ages

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for turok_son_of_stone
    turok_son_of_stone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So Turok's had quite a few publishers over the years. what are everyone's thoughts on their personal favorite publishers?

I personally loved the valiant "dinosaur hunter" series for the writing and the art as well as the Dark Horse one (despite its early end) for its great writing and stellar art. I loved the Aztec's low regard for life throughout the series (if you can call four issues a series), especially early on when ten of them kill themselves just to have an even 50 soldiers in their unit.

I think Jim Shooter did a great job with the two of them. So what do you guys think?

(and just to clarify i never intended to be a doppelganger of Turoksonofstone or rip of his popularity or anything. I just got into comics because of that original series and wanted to pay a little tribute).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.