Check Out The Latest 'TRON: Uprising' Trailer

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

When Disney announced they would be bringing TRON to the small screen via an all-new animated series on Disney XD, we can't say it came as a surprise to us considering the film's overall success (the movie grossed over 172 million domestically). Now that the release of the all-new animated television series is just around the corner, Disney gave fans something to look forward to by giving them a glimpse at the new trailer.

The show mixes 2D animation with CGI, giving it a unique look that hasn't really been seen before. The company released an all-new trailer fro the upcoming show (above) to give fans an idea of what they can expect from the show.

The show will star the voice talents of Mandy Moore, (Mara), Paul Reubens (Pavel), Elijah Wood (Beck), Bruce Boxleitner (Tron) and many more. The series will focus on the period of time that lapsed between the first 'TRON' film and 'TRON: Legacy' and will start off as a 10-part mini-series.

The series will revolve around Beck, the show's central character who becomes the leader of a revolution inside of The Grid. Beck will follow the guide of Tron to lead a revolution away from the reign of Clu and General Tesler. The show will incorporate elements we saw in 'Tron: Legacy' like fighting with identity disks and utilization of the light cycles. It's safe to say that a lot we probably loved about the second film will be featured in this upcoming series.

'TRON: Uprising' launches on Disney XD on Thursday, June 7th.

#1 Posted by Sekele (276 posts) - - Show Bio

damn, US only video

why you so supremacist?

#2 Posted by fables87 (952 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to sure about the animation. Look like it could be good.

#3 Posted by kennybaese (1102 posts) - - Show Bio

The mix of CGI and traditional animation reminds me a lot of Titan AE for some reason.

#4 Edited by FoxxFireArt (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really watch Disney XD, but this looks pretty nice. Looks a bit like they are going for a CLONE WARS style in their design, I've still not seen TRON LEGACY. I'm more shocked to see Elijah Wood is going to be doing the voice acting.

I'm not sure how much the movie's profits are involved in the production of this series. Disney is well known for trying to leverage their IPs into animated series. They even tried that ill-fated ATLANTIS series. I loved the first movie, but the pilots for the TV series was so bad they just packed them all together and called it ATLANTIS 2.

#5 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

For those of us not living in the United States...

#6 Posted by handsome_stud (272 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like crap

#7 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio

looks kinda like tim sales artwork animated..just like the faces and stuff

#8 Posted by Crimson Thunder (286 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks better than the Amazing Spider-Man cartoon.

#9 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Kinda looks cool.
#10 Posted by Icon (2054 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't liked the TRON movies but I think I'll give this a chance. I like the animation style.

#11 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (676 posts) - - Show Bio

A Tron cartoon that isn't CGI. Welcome to the new definition of irony.

#12 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2220 posts) - - Show Bio

2D animation mixed with CGI is NOT a brand new style never seen before. It's been seen plenty of times looking UTTERLY TERRIBLE.

That said, this actually looks very solid. So this is the first time this look has been done WELL.

#13 Posted by sora_thekey (8154 posts) - - Show Bio

The animation style sort of reminds me of Iron Man Armored Adventures... Might give the show a try.

#14 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Mighty Monarch said:

2D animation mixed with CGI is NOT a brand new style never seen before. It's been seen plenty of times looking UTTERLY TERRIBLE.

That said, this actually looks very solid. So this is the first time this look has been done WELL.

I'd have to agree.

#15 Posted by MrCipher (276 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: Absolutely. Very good point.

#16 Posted by Ganthetsward20 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

This art form works well for the tron story, but the tron story doesnt hold my interest. That being said my little brother will probably will love this :/ Is this stuff being made here in the USA anymore?

#17 Posted by MrCipher (276 posts) - - Show Bio

That trailer was confusing. We are talking about computer programs right? So is Beck actually Beck, Or is Beck Tron? Because Tron is a computer program uniquely created with it's own features. And Beck is a different computer program. So how can one computer program be called another name without being a virus or some other sort of malware?

Or is Beck a User like Flynn or his kid Sam? In which case the "rules" wouldn't apply to him.

#18 Posted by NightFang (9907 posts) - - Show Bio

@fables87 said:

Not to sure about the animation. Look like it could be good.

#19 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks like a maybe

#20 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

oh, I'm a bit dissapointed. When I first heard of Tron: Uprising I thought it'd be a sequel to the last Tron film.

Now I find out it's an animated show on a channel I don't even have.

#21 Posted by feebadger (1442 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't think i've ever been so torn between feeling that something could be completely brilliant whilst feeling it could be completely crap. If a trailers meant to intrigue, then consider me intrigued.

@Sekele said:

damn, US only video

why you so supremacist?

Heheh! I know your supremacist rage! (i had to watch it on youtube).

#22 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking neat!

Personally I find this mix of 2D and 3D quite interesting :)

@kennyshat said:

The mix of CGI and traditional animation reminds me a lot of Titan AE for some reason.

Same herE!

#23 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2791 posts) - - Show Bio

Never watched the first one.

#24 Posted by Sekele (276 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hunter114:

Thank you :D

looks interesting

love the art-style

#25 Posted by THEBlaqueBasterd (384 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hunter114: safe

#26 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I will be honest I initially thought this to be a sequel to Legacy but then figured that couldn't be. This looks absolutely wonderful though, another thing to cover the huge gap between the two movies. And of course its only fair Boxleitner voice Tron in this, which is great!

#27 Posted by lazy8 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hunter114: thank you!

#28 Posted by wmwadeii (3226 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it plays around the time of the animation block on Sunday mornings. Had to convert the DVR from single shows to 1-2 hour blocks because of all the new comic shows on XD and CN.

#29 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW i'm impressed .. a lil :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.