Anyone See Any Resemblance From Hawkeye to Green Arrow?

#1 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio
Both are archers, both use special arrows to fight crime, both are members of their univeres' most popular groups (Justice League/ Avengers) And what about their subsequent love interests? Black Canary and Mockingbird. Come on Marvel, at least try.
#2 Posted by inkbot01 (79 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure its not a coincidence. Both publishers copy off of each other all the time. 

#3 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

well they both have incredibly lame beards...oh wait.

#4 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@inkbot01 said:
" I'm sure its not a coincidence. Both publishers copy off of each other all the time.  "
Exactly. 

You might find it odd to find out that one of the Justice League's founding members was a copy of a Marvel character.
#5 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

they are both copied off another fictional character any way  
robin hood 
so no big deal 
they both have the same source , not necessarily off each other 

#6 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

alright, fine, maybe i just like green arrow better. but still, Black Canary and Mockingbird. Plus, Hawkeye's costume is lame.

#7 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCockblock said:
" alright, fine, maybe i just like green arrow better. but still, Black Canary and Mockingbird. Plus, Hawkeye's costume is lame. "
I like Hawkeye's costume way more than Green Arrow's.
#8 Posted by Braxxis7 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

one looks dumb the other acts dumb
#9 Posted by War Killer (19475 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally like both characters, (all though Green Arrow was cooler to me in the JLU cartoon...) but yeah, I like both Green Arrow and Hawkeye, so what if they are similar, if you look close enough you'll find things similar in every character, but it doesn't really bother me. (Although I do like Hawkeye more :P)

#10 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@MetatronDaDon:  Aquaman(1941) = Namor(1939)
#11 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7493 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCockblock said:

"

Both are archers, both use special arrows to fight crime, both are members of their univeres' most popular groups (Justice League/ Avengers) And what about their subsequent love interests? Black Canary and Mockingbird. Come on Marvel, at least try. "
That has never ever occurred to me. Ever.
#12 Posted by HuBu (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern Corps VS Nova Corps.

#13 Posted by AtPhantom (14454 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega Ray Jay said:
"That has never ever occurred to me. Ever. "
LOL
#14 Edited by gambit987 (1275 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCockblock:  I DO NOT FIND hAWKEYE COSTUME LAME I EVEN LIKE Hawkeye more than green arrow
#15 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool = Deathstroke. 
As it was said, Marvel and DC copy each other all the time.

#16 Posted by AworkofArt123 (266 posts) - - Show Bio

They are a lot like each other. But Hawkeye has a way more interesting background. Oliver was just another billionare turned crime fighter, where Hawkeye grew up in an orphan, trained at a circus, and turned vigilante hero, and then earned his spot as an Avenger. Green Arrow is a way lamer Batman. 

#17 Posted by KNIGHT SAVIOR (822 posts) - - Show Bio

both are from Squadron Supreme ...........................hmmmm remind you of some people

Golden Archer from earth-712
Lady Lark from earth-712
#18 Posted by Sexy Merc (42065 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah, they both have arrows.

#19 Posted by baker1skter (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Its all about green arrow, plus he came around first. so if anything Marvel copied DC in this instance.

#20 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@baker1skter said:
" Its all about green arrow, plus he came around first. so if anything Marvel copied DC in this instance. "
Marvel copies DC almost 90% of the time, sure DC has copied marvel but there are far far far far less cases
#21 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though Marvel tends to copy they still manage to be unique.  

Look at the JLA. DC was the first to have a comic featuring a team of heroes. Marvel's answer to that was the Fantastic Four. It was really the first time that superheroes had normal or even tragic problems. That's how the industry works, lol.  

But back on topic, OF COURSE THEY'RE THE SAME, lol. I like both characters. Clint especially though. He's always been one of my favorite Avengers. 

#22 Posted by CaptainUseless (730 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they are quite similiar. I'll always prefer Hawkeye though.

#23 Posted by Bossjugg (146 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCockblock said:
" alright, fine, maybe i just like green arrow better. but still, Black Canary and Mockingbird. Plus, Hawkeye's costume is lame. "
#24 Posted by stoneo (324 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel copied Deathstroke and made Deadpool. However the biggest ripoff they ever made was when they copied catwoman and made blackcat.
#25 Posted by Tomokata (461 posts) - - Show Bio

There are many, many characters who are distinctly similar between the two publishers.  Green Arrow/Hawkeye is far from being the only one.   

Although Plastic Man has been a bit less successful than Reed Richards. 

#26 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

One has Heat Vision, the other has Freeze Breath.  So nope, not at all alike!  LOL  What moron wouldn't get that they have similarities?
#27 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@KNIGHT SAVIOR said:
"
both are from Squadron Supreme ...........................hmmmm remind you of some people

Golden Archer from earth-712
Lady Lark from earth-712
"
The Squadron Supreme was designed after DC characters on purpose. Every single one of them is  based off Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, etc.
#28 Posted by ComicMan24 (147014 posts) - - Show Bio

Originality is long dead. Most things you see will remind you of something.
#29 Posted by NodNolan (109 posts) - - Show Bio

the Arrow
 first appeared in 1938. He was the first Archer super-hero. 
#30 Posted by arrowfan237 (465 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow is better and Hawkeye is just a cheap ripoff of him.

#31 Edited by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

I dislike them both equally how's that?

#32 Posted by Agent9149 (2888 posts) - - Show Bio

one is purple one is green...that is a major difference

#33 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure their may be some similiarites between names and girls, but they're two characters with far different personalities. Why do people always complain about small things like these?

#34 Posted by Lion_Heart22 (446 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought GA only became a relevant character (when he stopped ripping off Batman (who in turn is based on Zorro)) after his reboot in the late 60's. Hawkeye was created in 64, became an Avenger in '65 right? Maybe Marvel did look into GA's old comics, but Hawkeye had a much better origin and evolution, methinks. Besides, didn't Clint outclassed Ollie in JLA/Avengers and even stole his girl? Hehe, just kidding.

#35 Posted by CrimsonCake (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

@arrowfan237 said:

Green Arrow is better and Hawkeye is just a cheap ripoff of him.

Don't say that Hawkeye also evolved into his own character just like deadpool.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.