Follow

Transonic

Character » Transonic appears in 400 issues.

Transonic is one of the Five Lights, and one of five new mutants to emerge since M-Day. She is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

What if Transonic was related to Apocalypse?

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

Edited By DMC

Not sure if this has been brought up on this site, but just in case......

On CBR's latest "X-Position" on fan has a very interesting theory about Laurie's ancestry that he shares with new Generation Hope writer James Asmus.

1) It seems as though Laurie -- due to the markings on her face and skin pigment -- bears a resemblance to Warren's Archangel persona as well as Chamber and, perhaps most ominously, Apocalypse. Is there a possibility that Laurie is connected in any fashion to Clan Akkaba?

What happened to the starting with something nice rule? I liked that rule! Nonetheless, Chris, I'll still answer you. And in this case, the answer is -- I honestly never thought along those lines.

I think that's a very intriguing idea you've cooked up, but if I ran with it now, I'd just be stealing from you. So I think the best solution is for you to become a comic book writer and take over "Generation Hope" after I'm chased away with pitchforks and torches.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Shadowdoggy

she does certainly look like him and she does have shape-shifty body changing powers like him hmmm....

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle  Online

why not, Blink and Chamber are

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Saren

Yeah, everyone with lines on their face are related.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

Sounds like he's saying "nice theory, but no" to me.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EnSabahNurX

I agree with Xerox, he pretty much says that would have been cool but that wasn't our plan for her and we have no plans to go in that direction with her.

I originally thought she had a connection to apocalypse when the teasers came out but marvel just likes blue people and the design of markings on their face. Would have been cool for them do make a connection but it's not likely going to happen.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By papad1992

GOSH.... sarcastic much?? He couldn't give the guy a straight forward answer!?

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By jordama

I think this has been floating around since Transonic was first shown. I doubt that anything would ever come of it though.

The similarities are just similarities.

TheOlympian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheOlympian

I do think that there is a reason for those markings and the Akkaba resemblance. Why wouldn't a descendant of Apocalypse be one of the first mutants to grace the world after M-Day? Moreover, there is the irony that Cable's daughter is an "ally." They definitely have plans in store for her, but why rush it? I wouldn't doubt that at some point in time this issue will come to light in an epic X-men event. It could be a more thought out version of the Nightcrawler and the Neyaphem arc by Chuck Austen that still kinda confuses me...

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Degalon

@CitizenBane:

It's not that she has lines on her faces. It's that she has the specific and very distinct Apocalypse-style facial markings. The lines that go out from the mouth, then up the sides of the head.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.