Toy Fair 2013: LEGO

Posted by G-Man (30618 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a lot coming from LEGO this year. At the New York Toy Fair, new sets for Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, The Lone Ranger, Chima and more.

LEGO did not have a public showing at Toy Fair. It was all by appointment. Sadly while they did have the Superhero sets on display, photographs were not allowed. So new sets for Man of Steel and Iron Man 3 were there, but I just can't share what they looked like (aside from what's already been released).

You can see the full LEGO gallery here.

For Star Wars, the new Advent Calendar for this year was on display.

There's more fun with Jabba coming. Jabba's Sail Barge is coming out this year.

== TEASER ==

There's plenty more ships coming as well.

Obviously, there are plenty more in the gallery.

Lord of the Rings has more sets coming. There's a 756-piece Pirate Ship Ambush set that was very impressive.

Check out the gallery for other upcoming sets.

There were quite a bit of Lone Ranger sets on display. They look pretty cool.

I'm not too familiar with them but the Galaxy Squad and Chima sets are pretty cool.

What was really cool was by going to a special press-event before the show started, I was able to get these exclusives:

There's plenty more to see. Over one hundred pictures. Check out the full gallery to see them all. Again, it's unfortunate the Superhero lines weren't able to be shown to the public.

Staff
#1 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

I want that Deathwatch speeder

#2 Posted by Mucklefluga (2510 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn LEGO is pulling out these sets for different franchises fast now.

#3 Posted by kennybaese (1094 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad to see an official E-Wing and Z-95 set. I feel like the Z-95 looks a little different than I remember, but they probably re-designed it a little bit for The Clone Wars.

#4 Edited by longbowhunter (6736 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Lego, but thats really my son's thing. I doubt he'll be asking for any of these sets.

#5 Posted by Emperormeister734 (804 posts) - - Show Bio

SWEET they gave Maul his legs

#6 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

I so want that LAAT gunship.

#7 Posted by AmazingWebHead (1602 posts) - - Show Bio

Ny street corner Yoda. Cool.

#8 Posted by Cavemold (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

give me star wars

#9 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

That LEGO LAAT Gunship I really have my eyes on.... O_O

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.