Is anyone else sick of Aang baby sitting Toph?

#1 Posted by Elixir95 (388 posts) - - Show Bio

Every time the Gaang tries or goes to fix a situation, Aang lets Katara go and Waterbend and do her thing. But instantly, Aang always helps Toph e.e. "Sokka's Master" where he helps her make the mort to stop the fire. Anyone else sick of him doing this? Toph is just awesome and really needs no help unless battling an opponent not in contact with the ground.

#2 Posted by Assimilation2 (736 posts) - - Show Bio

Elixir95 says:

"Every time the Gaang tries or goes to fix a situation, Aang lets Katara go and Waterbend and do her thing. But instantly, Aang always helps Toph e.e. "Sokka's Master" where he helps her make the mort to stop the fire. Anyone else sick of him doing this? Toph is just awesome and really needs no help unless battling an opponent not in contact with the ground."

I just get sck of Aang. He is the worst character in the show. He isn't dynamic at all, and he kinda screwed everything up.

#3 Posted by Elixir95 (388 posts) - - Show Bio

Assimilation2 says:

"Elixir95 says:
"Every time the Gaang tries or goes to fix a situation, Aang lets Katara go and Waterbend and do her thing. But instantly, Aang always helps Toph e.e. "Sokka's Master" where he helps her make the mort to stop the fire. Anyone else sick of him doing this? Toph is just awesome and really needs no help unless battling an opponent not in contact with the ground."
I just get sck of Aang. He is the worst character in the show. He isn't dynamic at all, and he kinda screwed everything up. "
I agree with that. The females in the show ar emostly the likeable ones, although I am a big fan of Iroh and King Bumi and have recently began to like Sokka.
Post Edited:2008-03-30 15:48:05
#4 Posted by Assimilation2 (736 posts) - - Show Bio

Elixir95 says:

"Assimilation2 says:
"Elixir95 says:
I just get sck of Aang. He is the worst character in the show. He isn't dynamic at all, and he kinda screwed everything up. "
I agree with that. The females in the show ar emostly the likeable ones, although I am a big fan of Iroh and have recently began to like Sokka."

I also enjoy Zuko. He is so complex and human, and he's the person who has changed the most in the series. I always enjoy the dynamic characters.

#5 Posted by Elixir95 (388 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Katara has changed just as much. Especially with her Waterbending. When she was first introduced to the show, she wouldn't speak her mind and was incredibly shy, and lets face it, her Waterbending was crap. Now she doesn't hold back when talking to someone, and she's one of the most powerful if not now the most powerful Waterbender in the show.

#6 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh.

#7 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

What do they do?

#8 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is Gaang, Aang, Katara, Waterbend and Toph?

#9 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

And everyone else you just mentioned that doesn't matter?

#10 Posted by Assimilation2 (736 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"Who is Gaang, Aang, Katara, Waterbend and Toph?"

the Gaang is Sokka, Aang, Katara, Toph, and Zuko.

#11 Posted by Elixir95 (388 posts) - - Show Bio

You've never seen Avatar: The Legend of Aang/The Last Airbender?

#12 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seen two episodes. Then I turned it off.

#13 Posted by Assimilation2 (736 posts) - - Show Bio

Elixir95 says:

"I say Katara has changed just as much. Especially with her Waterbending. When she was first introduced to the show, she wouldn't speak her mind and was incredibly shy, and lets face it, her Waterbending was crap. Now she doesn't hold back when talking to someone, and she's one of the most powerful if not now the most powerful Waterbender in the show."

Well, let's look at Zuko. At the beginning of the show "CAPTURE THE AVATAR"

End of Season one he has mellowed much more and, though he still wishes to catch the avatar, he has grown into much more of a man.

Also his firebending improved in the first season from where, in the second episode, he almost lost to Zhao, yet at the end he beats Zhao to a pulp without much effort.

Second season he is thrust out of his home and begins to live his life as a refuge, and soon, he begins to se how the earth kingdom lives, to the poit that he even helps and earth kingdom village, and when they turn against them, he doesn't even become angry, but just leaves. he grows even more as time goes on and is forced to face his crossroads, and changes even mor, to the point that he can live happily in Ba sing se. Finally, he is offered the one thing he always wanted at the end of the season, and decides to take it, but, do to his experiences, he does not feel nearly as happy.

In case of firebending, he has improved imensily. first episode of the season, Azula thrashes him. when next they fight, he is actually able to hol his own, though still obviously losing. At the end of the season he is able to fight aang after he has mastered three of the elements, and he is also able to battle Katara, who is a waterbending master.

Season three, after he gets everything that he wants, he realizes it isn't what he wants and realizes his father's love for him is bullsh*t. He finally bhetrays the fire nation and joins up with aang. big change from hunting aang down for almost a year to becoming his teacher.

in case of firebending, he evolves from being barely able to beat Zhao to kicking the fire lords sorry @$$

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sick of Avatar period.

#15 Posted by Assimilation2 (736 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"I'm sick of Avatar period."

explination?

#16 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Aww, Vance, let the Ava-heads have their fun!

#17 Posted by Elixir95 (388 posts) - - Show Bio

Assimilation2 says:

"Elixir95 says:
"I say Katara has changed just as much. Especially with her Waterbending. When she was first introduced to the show, she wouldn't speak her mind and was incredibly shy, and lets face it, her Waterbending was crap. Now she doesn't hold back when talking to someone, and she's one of the most powerful if not now the most powerful Waterbender in the show."
Well, let's look at Zuko. At the beginning of the show "CAPTURE THE AVATAR" End of Season one he has mellowed much more and, though he still wishes to catch the avatar, he has grown into much more of a man. Also his firebending improved in the first season from where, in the second episode, he almost lost to Zhao, yet at the end he beats Zhao to a pulp without much effort. Second season he is thrust out of his home and begins to live his life as a refuge, and soon, he begins to se how the earth kingdom lives, to the poit that he even helps and earth kingdom village, and when they turn against them, he doesn't even become angry, but just leaves. he grows even more as time goes on and is forced to face his crossroads, and changes even mor, to the point that he can live happily in Ba sing se. Finally, he is offered the one thing he always wanted at the end of the season, and decides to take it, but, do to his experiences, he does not feel nearly as happy. In case of firebending, he has improved imensily. first episode of the season, Azula thrashes him. when next they fight, he is actually able to hol his own, though still obviously losing. At the end of the season he is able to fight aang after he has mastered three of the elements, and he is also able to battle Katara, who is a waterbending master. Season three, after he gets everything that he wants, he realizes it isn't what he wants and realizes his father's love for him is bullsh*t. He finally bhetrays the fire nation and joins up with aang. big change from hunting aang down for almost a year to becoming his teacher. in case of firebending, he evolves from being barely able to beat Zhao to *kicking the fire lords sorry @$$*"

He was only able to stop Katara with Azula's help. Katara was thrashing both their @£$ before that.

#18 Posted by Assimilation2 (736 posts) - - Show Bio

Elixir95 says:

"Assimilation2 says:
"Elixir95 says:
Well, let's look at Zuko. At the beginning of the show "CAPTURE THE AVATAR" End of Season one he has mellowed much more and, though he still wishes to catch the avatar, he has grown into much more of a man. Also his firebending improved in the first season from where, in the second episode, he almost lost to Zhao, yet at the end he beats Zhao to a pulp without much effort. Second season he is thrust out of his home and begins to live his life as a refuge, and soon, he begins to se how the earth kingdom lives, to the poit that he even helps and earth kingdom village, and when they turn against them, he doesn't even become angry, but just leaves. he grows even more as time goes on and is forced to face his crossroads, and changes even mor, to the point that he can live happily in Ba sing se. Finally, he is offered the one thing he always wanted at the end of the season, and decides to take it, but, do to his experiences, he does not feel nearly as happy. In case of firebending, he has improved imensily. first episode of the season, Azula thrashes him. when next they fight, he is actually able to hol his own, though still obviously losing. At the end of the season he is able to fight aang after he has mastered three of the elements, and he is also able to battle Katara, who is a waterbending master. Season three, after he gets everything that he wants, he realizes it isn't what he wants and realizes his father's love for him is bullsh*t. He finally bhetrays the fire nation and joins up with aang. big change from hunting aang down for almost a year to becoming his teacher. in case of firebending, he evolves from being barely able to beat Zhao to *kicking the fire lords sorry @$$*"
He was only able to stop Katara with Azula's help. Katara was thrashing both their @£$ before that."

Not really. She was thrashing Azula. Azula literally was about to be beaten when Zuko got in. He then fought her on perfectly equal terms after that.

#19 Posted by Elixir95 (388 posts) - - Show Bio

Assimilation2 says:

"Elixir95 says:
"Assimilation2 says:
"Elixir95 says:
He was only able to stop Katara with Azula's help. Katara was thrashing both their @£$ before that."
Not really. She was thrashing Azula. Azula literally was about to be beaten when Zuko got in. He then fought her on perfectly equal terms after that."

That can't be counted as a fight! They countered each others with their elemental whips, and then Azula joined inand Katara held her own against them for a moment or two!

#20 Posted by Assimilation2 (736 posts) - - Show Bio

Elixir95 says:

"Assimilation2 says:
"Elixir95 says:
"Assimilation2 says:
"Elixir95 says:
Not really. She was thrashing Azula. Azula literally was about to be beaten when Zuko got in. He then fought her on perfectly equal terms after that."
That can't be counted as a fight! They countered each others with their elemental whips, and then Azula joined inand Katara held her own against them for a moment or two!"

Actually, first Azula kicked aang's butt, so all that time Zuko and Katara were fighting. We just saw the initial deflecting.

#21 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Zuko lose his firebending?

#22 Posted by Elixir95 (388 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"Didn't Zuko lose his firebending?"

He got it back in the same episode.

#23 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah....Toph is awesome

and I completely comply with the Aang thing, he's so stuppid I want to stab myself in the face everytime I see him

#24 Posted by Skeletor (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Zuko ftw!

#25 Posted by Elixir95 (388 posts) - - Show Bio

He's so dull and boring

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.