Top Cow's THE BEAUTY Wins Pilot Season

Posted by No_Name_ (16193 posts) - - Show Bio

Each year Top Cow hosts Pilot Season, an event where the publisher releases the first issue of several titles and allows their readers to choose the one they like the best. Voting is officially closed and Top Cow has released the winner of Pilot Season. Out of the seven titles, the decision was between THEORY OF EVERYTHING and THE BEAUTY. Today, Top Cow revealed that after one million votes, this year's Pilot Season winner is THE BEAUTY.

What happens when a brand new sexually transmitted disease makes those who catch it beautiful -- but at a price. Two detectives uncover the nasty side-effects of this disease which makes its victims stunningly beautiful. The series is written by Jeremy Haun who is very excited to see his project win, and at the prospect of being able to continue writing the story.

"Now that we've won we're going to be able to finish the story. I'm really excited to do that. It's exciting to be co-writing and drawing something like this," said Haun. "The process is surprisingly fast and a hell of a lot of fun. The trick of it is going to be balancing work on The Beauty with my regular art duties on The Darkness monthly book. Luckily, they're both books that I absolutely love. It also doesn't hurt that I just love to work. As crazy as it may seem, drawing two books is kind of my idea of fun.”

If you haven't yet had a chance to read THE BEAUTY, check out the preview of the comic below and let us know if it is a book you are interested in checking out! Congratulations to the creators of THE BEAUTY on their win.

== TEASER ==
#1 Posted by Kairan1979 (17063 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by wowylied (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Me too, but this one was good too. I hope it will last because i heard that the tite top cow launched like this were not always a succes.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (39031 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice social commentary 

#4 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6959 posts) - - Show Bio

Good job for this winning! In the stuff I see so far, it looks like a fairly interesting concept to read!

#5 Edited by Sidyman (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@wowylied said:

Me too, but this one was good too. I hope it will last because i heard that the tite top cow launched like this were not always a succes.

Me too. Just got caught into it...

#6 Posted by Mercy_ (92689 posts) - - Show Bio

May have to pick this up. That art is stunningly gorgeous.

#7 Posted by Gordo789 (218 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmm. this is not the droids i'm looking for.

#8 Posted by Rise2Ragnarok (140 posts) - - Show Bio

Although I enjoyed this one, I voted for The Test. I still think this one has a ton of potential though.

#9 Posted by astrid12 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

WOOT ! This has Y the Last Man potential...will continue to pick it up

#10 Posted by The Impersonator (6417 posts) - - Show Bio

And this year's the Pilot Season winner is......THE UGLY. =P

*pun intended*

#11 Posted by danhimself (21227 posts) - - Show Bio

hopefully this title actually does something and gets published on time or for that matter actually published....unlike all of the Pilot Season winners before

#12 Posted by Nuec_Sol (209 posts) - - Show Bio

This was in my top three books. I am glad it won and hope it comes out soon.

#13 Posted by Kairan1979 (17063 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:

hopefully this title actually does something and gets published on time or for that matter actually published....unlike all of the Pilot Season winners before

Haven't you seen Twilight Guardian mini-series?
#15 Posted by umbrafeline (5919 posts) - - Show Bio

at first the beauty sounded like a great disease to have but when i saw the side-effects i changed my mind

#16 Posted by imsirius (46 posts) - - Show Bio

This was the title I was hoping would win. Excellent.

p.s. Twilight Guardian is great. Check it out.

#17 Posted by HalfShellHero (146 posts) - - Show Bio

This is actually the only Pilot Season title that I read, wrote a review on it about how much I wanted it to win and BAM. WIN!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.