Tony is now officially a "Pro"

#1 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup, Tony finally got his first paycheck from Bob. :D

#2 Posted by Silkcuts (5123 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr said:

Yup, Tony finally got his first paycheck from Bob. :D

Congrats to Tony!

Finally a pro!!!!!

#3 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silkcuts:

I told him that the had a person page and all he had to say was, "I was a person before I got the page too, Roxy."

I don't know if he has even looked at it yet, because he's so busy getting ready to come down here to Atlanta on Wednesday.

#4 Posted by Silkcuts (5123 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr said:

@Silkcuts:

I told him that the had a person page and all he had to say was, "I was a person before I got the page too, Roxy."

I don't know if he has even looked at it yet, because he's so busy getting ready to come down here to Atlanta on Wednesday.

He is the humble kind I guess.

Once I have a page I will visit it daily...lol

#5 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silkcuts said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@Silkcuts:

I told him that the had a person page and all he had to say was, "I was a person before I got the page too, Roxy."

I don't know if he has even looked at it yet, because he's so busy getting ready to come down here to Atlanta on Wednesday.

He is the humble kind I guess.

Once I have a page I will visit it daily...lol

I just asked him, and no...he hasn't looked at it yet. He's busy getting his camera equipment together to bring down here.

#6 Posted by Silkcuts (5123 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr said:

@Silkcuts said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@Silkcuts:

I told him that the had a person page and all he had to say was, "I was a person before I got the page too, Roxy."

I don't know if he has even looked at it yet, because he's so busy getting ready to come down here to Atlanta on Wednesday.

He is the humble kind I guess.

Once I have a page I will visit it daily...lol

I just asked him, and no...he hasn't looked at it yet. He's busy getting his camera equipment together to bring down here.

The man is too humble! But the world needs the humble ones still. Not everyone can be as cocky as me, that would be dangerous.

#7 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silkcuts said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@Silkcuts said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@Silkcuts:

I told him that the had a person page and all he had to say was, "I was a person before I got the page too, Roxy."

I don't know if he has even looked at it yet, because he's so busy getting ready to come down here to Atlanta on Wednesday.

He is the humble kind I guess.

Once I have a page I will visit it daily...lol

I just asked him, and no...he hasn't looked at it yet. He's busy getting his camera equipment together to bring down here.

The man is too humble! But the world needs the humble ones still. Not everyone can be as cocky as me, that would be dangerous.

It isn't humility, Silk. The man is on a mission. What he is doing now for Bob, he can easily do for other artists as well.

When the Flaming Carrot website is finally in place with all the links and a database to accept subscriptions, it'll be a showcase for exactly what Tony Dumont can do.

#8 Posted by Silkcuts (5123 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr said:

It isn't humility, Silk. The man is on a mission. What he is doing now for Bob, he can easily do for other artists as well.

When the Flaming Carrot website is finally in place with all the links and a database to accept subscriptions, it'll be a showcase for exactly what Tony Dumont can do.

Well all the best for him

^_^

I can hear the clients now

#9 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silkcuts said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

It isn't humility, Silk. The man is on a mission. What he is doing now for Bob, he can easily do for other artists as well.

When the Flaming Carrot website is finally in place with all the links and a database to accept subscriptions, it'll be a showcase for exactly what Tony Dumont can do.

Well all the best for him

^_^

I can hear the clients now

Actually, he came up with a name for his production studio quite awhile ago...and I think I may have even mentioned it and came up with an image to incorporate into the company logo on the pulp thread. :D

#10 Posted by Silkcuts (5123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr said:

@Silkcuts said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

It isn't humility, Silk. The man is on a mission. What he is doing now for Bob, he can easily do for other artists as well.

When the Flaming Carrot website is finally in place with all the links and a database to accept subscriptions, it'll be a showcase for exactly what Tony Dumont can do.

Well all the best for him

^_^

I can hear the clients now

Actually, he came up with a name for his production studio quite awhile ago...and I think I may have even mentioned it and came up with an image to incorporate into the company logo on the pulp thread. :D

Its going to be a pretty nice wiki once the credits start filling it.
^_^
#11 Posted by M.S. Feather (1506 posts) - - Show Bio

That feeling when a friend manages to rise up and make their dreams a reality?  There's just nothing better than that.

#12 Edited by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silkcuts said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@Silkcuts said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

It isn't humility, Silk. The man is on a mission. What he is doing now for Bob, he can easily do for other artists as well.

When the Flaming Carrot website is finally in place with all the links and a database to accept subscriptions, it'll be a showcase for exactly what Tony Dumont can do.

Well all the best for him

^_^

I can hear the clients now

Actually, he came up with a name for his production studio quite awhile ago...and I think I may have even mentioned it and came up with an image to incorporate into the company logo on the pulp thread. :D

Its going to be a pretty nice wiki once the credits start filling it. ^_^

When Tony is not doing 5 things at the same time, he gets depressed. Hopefully, he'll never be depressed again. :-)

@M.S. Feather said:

That feeling when a friend manages to rise up and make their dreams a reality? There's just nothing better than that.

Thanks again for your Kickstarter pledge, Feather! <3

Tomorrow evening there's going to be a big BBQ party at Mark (Ultimate Spider-Man) Bagley's house and Tony and most of the Atlanta area comic book artists will be there. I can't go, because I have to work at the store. :(

Anyway, I've already arranged a session between my neighbor, colorist Laura Martin and Tony. Tony may have her beat in the short-cuts category, but nobody knows color theory like Laura. :D

#13 Posted by M.S. Feather (1506 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr: Dang, I hope someone at least drops by to bring you a plate. :P
 
No problem, I'm really looking forward to that hardcover!  It's great to see the project was such a success too, I'm sure Bob's thrilled he's almost received double his initial goal.
#14 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather said:

@Roxanne Starr: Dang, I hope someone at least drops by to bring you a plate. :P No problem, I'm really looking forward to that hardcover! It's great to see the project was such a success too, I'm sure Bob's thrilled he's almost received double his initial goal.

Tony will probably make a plate for me comprised of a BBQ pork sandwich and potato salad. Bob will probably make me one too...containing skinless chicken, carrot sticks and maybe a cob of grilled corn. Bob thinks I eat too much crappy gluten-rich food and he won't make a contribution to my bad eating habits. :(

Actually, I'm looking forward to the HC myself, since Tony is now handling the production of Bob's printed stuff...and will accept nothing less than perfection from the printer and binder.

As far as the Kickstarter goes, we are hoping for a spike in pledges during DragonCon. Tony is predicting the campaign will bring in about 40K when all is said and done.

I know I've told Silk about this...but I don't know if I told anyone else...

Bob has already been discussing the NEXT campaign with his Kickstarter rep...which will be launched as soon as the current one ends...

And it might be a campaign to raise capital for something that isn't even a "book"...in ANY form. :D

#15 Posted by M.S. Feather (1506 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr: I can understand substituting heavier meats with poultry to keep healthy but removing the skin too?  Come on!  Skinless chicken breast has as much natural flavor as a of a ball of paper. ^^'
 
Haha.  It sounds like Tony's become more of a right-hand man than just an employee.
 
Looking forward to the next project (whatever it may be)!
#16 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather:

Tony is both Bob's right AND left-hand man. He's ambidextrous. :-)

Tonis signs stuff with his left hand, but controls his mouse (and does a lot of other stuff) with his right.

Bob is totally left-handed and doesn't do anything with his right hand. AAMOF, he keeps rearranging everything that he touches so it is only lefty-accessible...It drives me crazy!!! LOL!

#17 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silkcuts: @M.S. Feather:

Here's the latest update, guys. Bob is now paying Tony on a weekly basis. He calls Tony's pay his "lunch money." Actually "beer money" would be a better description of Tony's allowance. :D

#18 Posted by Silkcuts (5123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr: I hope Tony is spending his money on Canadian Beer.
#19 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silkcuts said:

@Roxanne Starr: I hope Tony is spending his money on Canadian Beer.

Nah, he buys the cheapest beer he can get his hands on. Remember, he's the guy who can squeeze a nickel out of a turnip! XD

He also buys really cheap cigarettes. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he stopped buying them altogether and just started rolling up pine straw and smoking THAT! LOL!

#20 Posted by turoksonofstone (12901 posts) - - Show Bio

Go! Tonis Go!

#21 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather:

Tony is a machine, Feather! :D

@turoksonofstone said:

Go! Tonis Go!

Hey there, turok!

Hopefully, the online store will be going live soon. I'll send you a link when it does. There are probably some new products in there that you will be interested in. :-)

#22 Posted by Silkcuts (5123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr: if he rolls his own then he cuts out a lot of the junk they add
#23 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silkcuts said:

@Roxanne Starr: if he rolls his own then he cuts out a lot of the junk they add

If he rolls up pine straw that Velcro has pee-peed on...there's an additive in there! LOL!

#24 Posted by Silkcuts (5123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr said:

@Silkcuts said:

@Roxanne Starr: if he rolls his own then he cuts out a lot of the junk they add

If he rolls up pine straw that Velcro has pee-peed on...there's an additive in there! LOL!

Please explain 
^_^
whats the additive?
#25 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silkcuts said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@Silkcuts said:

@Roxanne Starr: if he rolls his own then he cuts out a lot of the junk they add

If he rolls up pine straw that Velcro has pee-peed on...there's an additive in there! LOL!

Please explain ^_^ whats the additive?

LOL! I guess it's to be expected that a certain pee-pee component will be there in everything that comes out of the ground. XD

#26 Posted by M.S. Feather (1506 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr: So proud of Tony!  ...If he started smoking pine instead of tobacco he could sort of double as an air freshener. : )
 
Oh yeah, I have that thing I made for you and Bob.  Thanks for all the generosity and laughs.
Sorry if Velcro's spots are off. ^^'
#27 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather:

LMAO!

That's hilarious, Feather! I can't wait to show it to Bob! But first I'm posting it on http://www.facebook.com/BobBurdenComics THANKS a million!

I don't care WHAT Tony smokes! (As opposed to Bob, who is always telling him to quit smoking.) Whatever makes Tony happy...makes ME happy. :-) Tony is the hardest working man in show business!!!

#28 Posted by M.S. Feather (1506 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr: And if you guys are happy then I'm happy! :D
 
I like the fan art folder on that page!  All that crazy envelope art makes me wish I were a postal worker.
#29 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather:

Do you mean the fan art on http://bburden.servehttp.com/flamingcarrot/, Feather?

Yeah, we need to put your comic strip on the Flaming Carrot fan art page!!!

Unfortunately, I can't remember the "Administrator" password right now. :( ...or maybe I'm not supposed to know it...I can't remember THAT either. LOL! Whenever Tony wants me to do any design work on the site, HE just directs me where to go to open that page and tells me to get on it! XD

The next time I speak to either Tony (or Bob...maybe), I'll ask how I can get your artwork in there. :-)

#30 Posted by M.S. Feather (1506 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr: I was looking at the Facebook link but I had seen them on the official site earlier.
 
That's very kind of you. ^^'
#31 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather:

It wasn't long after I posted your cartoon on the Facebook page that the usual suspects showed up to "like" it, Feather!

Thanks again!...GOOD JOB!!!

#32 Posted by M.S. Feather (1506 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr
 Yeah!
#33 Edited by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather said:

Yeah!
@Roxanne Starr:

LOL! Great image, Feather!!!

Bob still hasn't gotten around to putting your cartoon on his fan art page yet...because he's so busy. I tried to get him to give me that password last night, but he was on the phone for about 3 hours with http://www.comicvine.com/horatio-weisfeld/26-56380/

Bob is a little worried and wasn't shy about giving Horatio a stern warning. Let me explain...

When Tony drives back to Atlanta in his Durango, loaded down with all his electronics and musical gear, he'll be making a stop in NYC to pick up Ray (Horatio). The reason he is bringing Ray down here is to teach him HTML5, so that HE (Tony) will have an assistant.

Now Ray is a very smart guy, but he has a fatal flaw...He NEVER STOPS TALKING! He never SHUTS UP!

Bob told Ray in no uncertain terms to keep his big mouth closed!!!

Bob said to Ray that if he causes Tony to have a heart attack that HE (Bob) would make sure that Ray never gets another job for the rest of his life! LOL!

#34 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather:

People keep liking your FC strip on Facebook, Feather! :D

I wish that Bob would post it on his Fan Art page already!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr...

#35 Posted by M.S. Feather (1506 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr:  Heavy Metal?  Penthouse?  ...I'm not surprised Bob and Weisfeld hit it off. :P
 
Is there a work related reason for Tony bringing his music equipment?
#36 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather said:

@Roxanne Starr: Heavy Metal? Penthouse? ...I'm not surprised Bob and Weisfeld hit it off. :P Is there a work related reason for Tony bringing his music equipment?

Bob and Ray have been buddies for a loooooooooooooooooong time, Feather. Penthouse Comics had a very high profile back in the day. What a lot of people don't know is how many artists got their careers off to a start at Penthouse...like http://www.comicvine.com/georges-jeanty/26-14147/

Well, Bob wants Tony to be happy and if Tony doesn't get to make music for a long period of time, he WON'T be happy. But to give an accurate answer to your question...yes, the musical equipment IS work related. :-)

Tony's made a couple of videos for Bob already, using his music as part of the soundtrack.

#37 Posted by M.S. Feather (1506 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr: That's not surprising.  While I've never read a Penthouse I am a fan of classic Playboy art, so I'm used to finding familiar names in raunchy places.
 
That's great!  Paying Tony to make music would be like paying me to play Super Mario.  It couldn't get much better than that.
#38 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather:

I just checked The Flaming Carrot Fan Art page and Bob still hasn't put your artwork up there, Feather. Sigh...but he DID weigh in on his personal Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/TheBobBurden?fref=tsand give your work a compliment!

We may not be able to get you on the FC webpage until Tony gets back to Atlanta. :( But Bob's distraction at the moment is understandable. He spent most of yesterday in negotiations to get exclusive rights to write scripts for a property that is NOT Flaming Carrot related.

I spoke to Horatio on the phone last night and he said that Tony would be coming back to NYC to pick him up on the 25th...one week from today. Whether or not the store will go live while Tony is still in CT or when he gets back is still up in the air.

#39 Posted by M.S. Feather (1506 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr: Aw, I don't have a Facebook page so I can't read comments.  That's alright though, as long as you two enjoyed it even a little then my job is done. : )
 
Either way, it sounds like the shop will be going live very soon.  Color me excited!
#40 Edited by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr:

Good news, Feather! :-)

Seems that the print, THE GREAT RACE, that Bob, Dave Sim and Kevin Eastman are jamming on together will be available way before the March of next year deadline. It's not the drawing of the component parts that were ever an issue in my mind (after all, Dave did his part in less than a week, and Kevin is working on his bit now )...but rather the signing of All the copies (by the 3 artists involved) that had me worried.

But at the price point that these are being offered, I'd be amazed if they didn't have to go into second printings shortly after the kickstarter backers were satisfied and the remainders were offered for sale in the online store.

BTW, Bob doesn't know how to put your artwork on his Fan Art page. I SHOULD know how to do it because I've done similar changes before, but can't remember how I did it anymore...it was a long time ago. You'll probably have to wait until Tony gets back to Atlanta before your cartoon can be showcased on Bob's website. :(

From Facebook:

"Bob wanted to do some rewriting of material in THE WILD SHALL WILD REMAIN since the files haven't been sent to the printer yet. He retrieved copies of the pages from the server, put them on my laptop and gave me the new script. I tried and tried to make the changes and got nowhere. I told Bob I couldn't make the changes. The files were locked in some way that I couldn't understand. So of course he came over and commandeered my computer...and tried to make the changes himself. He couldn't change the pages EITHER! Even though Tony is still a thousand miles away, he made sure that me and Bob COULDN'T misbehave behind his back! LOL!"

#41 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silkcuts:

Tony will be back from Connecticut by Friday at the latest (come hell or high water...so to speak...with Hurricane Sandy bearing down on the Northeast) in order to get our files for the THE WILD SHALL WILD REMAIN hardcover to the printer in good time (and I can send you your copy before Christmas) without having to incur late charges.

As far as Horatio goes, Tony came up with a last minute plan B for him...but it wasn't a plan that Ray was willing to go with (at least it wasn't a plan he wanted to implement as of yesterday). So Ray may not get to Atlanta for at least another couple of weeks or so. We'll see. In the meantime, BobBurdenComics.com will make do with just the 3 of us.

#42 Posted by Silkcuts (5123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr: You are very kind to still remember the book.
I thank you in advance.
 
As for Sandy... yeah... she is a best... the rain on my end is insane.
Ray was the former domain holder, right?
#43 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr said:

Yup, Tony finally got his first paycheck from Bob. :D

who? o.0

#45 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silkcuts:

Tony has been credited in the comic book world for the first time, Silk, on the credit page of THE WILD SHALL WILD REMAIN compilation, in both hardcover and digital formats. He is credited as the Production Manager. We could not have produced the damn thing in a timely manner without his expertise.

Tony's on the map now. He may not be a writer or illustrator, but his name will probably be seen by tens of thousands of people before the end of the year. :-)

#47 Posted by Silkcuts (5123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr: ^_^
looks like Wiki Time
#48 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silkcuts said:

@Roxanne Starr: ^_^ looks like Wiki Time

Nah...not yet.

When http://www.facebook.com/BobBurdenComics?fref=ts becomes a production company, creating videos and animation for OTHER people...and Tony moves up from being a Production Manager to being a "PRODUCER"...then he can have his Wiki! :-)

#49 Edited by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi, Feather!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Flaming-Carrot/399622050083412?fref=ts

#50 Posted by M.S. Feather (1506 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr:  Gah!
 
I just got my box in the mail...and made a very undignified sound when I spotted the Lupin post card.  I don't know if you or Tony muscled that out of Bob but know that I truly appreciate it. : )
 
When I come down I'm bringing presents!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.