4 more days to go on the Flaming Carrot Kickstarter campaign

#1 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if you are not familiar with Bob Burden's work...Make a pledge anyway!...We need the money!

And if you are not familiar with Bob Burden's work...and you don't like ME...Ignore me and Bob and make a pledge for Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A percentage of the money goes to HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr: Roxanne, put a link in the OP?

#3 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr: It okay, I found it. I'll put it in here.

Tonis has been nothing but amazing on Comic Vine and an amazing supporter of the Artist's Forum. Due to his efforts, there has been some real community interaction amongst the phenomenal talents here on the Vine so anything to support him in his endeavours would be more a privilege than a favour. Even his last status was to promote voting on the monthly artist contributions he had been running before being forced to eat, live and breathe this project.

Way to go Tony! (and everyone else involved)

:)

#4 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@Roxanne Starr: It okay, I found it. I'll put it in here.

Tonis has been nothing but amazing on Comic Vine and an amazing supporter of the Artist's Forum. Due to his efforts, there has been some real community interaction amongst the phenomenal talents here on the Vine so anything to support him in his endeavours would be more a privilege than a favour. Even his last status was to promote voting on the monthly artist contributions he had been running before being forced to eat, live and breathe this project.

Way to go Tony! (and everyone else involved)

:)

Many thanks on Tony's behalf for spreading the word, Lyko!

Not to mention the thanks of Velcro...who lives to eat another day!

#5 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis:

Almost at $37,000 now...16 hours to go!!!

#6 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr: That's incredible Roxanne - that's like triple what was projected! O_O

#7 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@Roxanne Starr: That's incredible Roxanne - that's like triple what was projected! O_O

Nothing was projected, lyko. That $12,500 goal was merely a number that Bob pulled out of his butt.

Nobody here had any idea how much money we could raise. Whatever we end up with in 6 hours was totally determined by the backers. :-)

#8 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr: He's got a tiny butt, that Bob....

Keep us updated! :)

#9 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr: Congratulations!!!!!!

I am sorry I missed to chance to see Bob, I just got back online :(

And of course, WOOHOO!!

#12 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@Roxanne Starr: Congratulations!!!!!!

I am sorry I missed to chance to see Bob, I just got back online :(

And of course, WOOHOO!!

Thanks, lyko!

You not only missed seeing Bob...you missed seeing Velcro too!

Bob was only live for a couple of hours, but you'll have plenty of opportunities to see him live in the future. He likes the live-stream format.

#13 Posted by M.S. Feather (1506 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats on a successful campaign!  Forty-two thousand dollars...that is some serious coin. :D

When I receive my books I will display them with pride. *salutes*

#14 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather:

Thanks again for pledging, Feather! Fulfillment begins today.

Bob and Tony are at the warehouse right now gathering up stuff to send to a large portion of the 708 backers.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/592668574/flaming-carrot-hardback-and-digital-comics

Of course those who only pledged for digital products will be easily taken care of, but they only account for about a third of the orders.

Even though The Wild Shall Wild Remain hardcover hasn't been printed yet, there are so many other prizes that need to be mailed, that we are getting the packages with their printed mailing labels ready ahead of time. We want all our orders satisfied ASAP, so we can move on to the NEXT kickstarter...which will have a far larger goal...since it will be a far more expensive project.

When the guys get back with some negatives that I need, I'll get to work preparing the pages of the hardcover ready for the printer. But not before I take Tony shopping at the grocery and liquor store.

Tony won't eat anything that Bob eats and Bob won't eat anything that Tony eats. Picky, picky, picky...LOL!

#15 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather said:

Congrats on a successful campaign! Forty-two thousand dollars...that is some serious coin. :D When I receive my books I will display them with pride. *salutes*

We will be packing the boxes on Sunday, Feather! :D

#16 Posted by M.S. Feather (1506 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roxanne Starr: I can feel the excitement from here (about the shipping not the liquor)! :P

Yesterday I started on something I'm making as a sort of thanks to you and Bob.  Nothing big but I still hope you find it satisfactory.
#17 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roxanne Starr:

We are using our kickstarter backers' list to start a mailing list for the BOBBURDENCOMICS.COM online store, so we can continue to sell merchandise to all you Christmas shoppers!

It should be operational by Thanksgiving!!!

The postcards make great stocking stuffers! :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.