Follow

Tony Daniel

Person » Tony Daniel is credited in 634 issues.

Tony S. Daniel is an American comic book penciler and writer. He is acclaimed for for his collaboration with writer Grant Morrison on Batman. He took over writing and art duties for the Batman titles, and was the writer and artist for the New 52 reboot of Detective Comics.

really, philip,really?

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

this guy sucks as a writer, he's so generic, it'd be funny if it were on purpose. Hawkman probably has one shot at a respectable title for the next five years, and he is butchering it. the villian, ill admit is good. but come on, message gets cut off when they are about to say his weakness, what is this a 1985 action movie?

Lets not leave out the undertone of racism, barely undertoned btw.

The Doctor's assistant terrance, is about to enter his vehicle (oh forgot this is after he's outed as a traitor) where he's attacked by a plague beast or whatnot, where he says, "You don't wanna mess with me, dog!" then pulls out his standard black guy issued glock that of course we all keep in our glove boxes,especially those shady scientists' assistant types. Afterwords, hawkman swoops in and smacks the gun out of his hand, then beats on him, and puts his face threw a car window. I get it, he's a savage guy, but really that probably won't be a type of violance you see towards a caucasian civilian thru out the rest of this series.

So to finish it off...when this title is canceled, I'm sure this topic will get alot more views, when people wonder who ruined the character

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By KidSupreme

@nonfiction91: I totally disagree with you Tony Daniel, is an amazing artist and writer. He has been doing an amazing job with both Batman and Hawkman writing and doing the artwork, (he is a machine!). Anyways you must be pretty happy cause apparently he won't be working on Hawkman anymore.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

So.......why are you mad at Phillip.........when Tony Daniel is the writer?

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Avenging-X-Bolt: put the wrong name, wrote it in haste, the racism isnt something that can be objected to either

@KidSupreme said:

@nonfiction91: I totally disagree with you Tony Daniel, is an amazing artist and writer. He has been doing an amazing job with both Batman and Hawkman writing and doing the artwork, (he is a machine!). Anyways you must be pretty happy cause apparently he won't be working on Hawkman anymore.

Batmans ok, little vapid really, nothing that sinks in. If Detective comics were a living thing, his writing would be the skin and a better writers work would be the meat. his art doesnt leave anymore to be wanted, hes great at it. He's not a good writer to me, just someone well educated in writing to know what should go where, but as for imagination he's sorely lacking

spectre108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By spectre108

Is it better or worse than Detective Comics?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.