Follow

Tony Daniel

Person » Tony Daniel is credited in 633 issues.

Tony S. Daniel is an American comic book penciler and writer. He is acclaimed for for his collaboration with writer Grant Morrison on Batman. He took over writing and art duties for the Batman titles, and was the writer and artist for the New 52 reboot of Detective Comics.

NYCC 2014: Tony Daniel Unleashes the Action and Violence in the Upcoming DEATHSTROKE Series

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    Click To Unmute

Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?

Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
    This video has an invalid file format.
    00:00:00
    Sorry, but you can't access this content!
    Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
    Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So excited for this to come out next week.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Still not liking what I'm hearing. Especially not happy to hear he's in Gotham and taking on Batman, when instead he should be dealing with the Titans and his family. Also no talk of character development or the methodical nature of Deathstroke.

I already shared my concerns here

Mr. Daniel if you get a chance to read this all I want to say is remember what makes Deathstrok who he is, the Titans, and his family.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

@captainmarvel4ever: Man, seems like all the comments I've seen from you lately are telling everyone how unhappy you are with what you're hearing or seeing. I try to focus on the positives and get excited for news since I enjoy comics. I noticed you even commented on a video here AND on youtube, just to share your displeasure.

Also, Deathstroke wouldn't fit in with who the Titans are in the New 52. I've mentioned my love for the Wolfman/Perez run. That time is over.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@captainmarvel4ever: Man, seems like all the comments I've seen from you lately are telling everyone how unhappy you are with what you're hearing or seeing. I try to focus on the positives and get excited for news since I enjoy comics. I noticed you even commented on a video here AND on youtube, just to share your displeasure.

Mr. Guerrero I don't think you have me pegged all wrong, other then my dislike of bad animated series, and my issues with Captain Marvel, I try to be positive, but so far everything with Deathstroke in the New 52 has not been good, and I have a genuine concern for how DC uses him. I want this series to be good and to get the character as well as the Titans back on track, but I haven't heard anything like that.

Heck, I'm usually the one that says people in comics are way too negative.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: No, I'm talking about other videos and articles. I know you dislike pretty much all current animated series and proclaimed yourself an animated expert or something. It's just strange how Tony Daniel mentions he feels this is his best work to date and also that DC has been saying the same thing. But you've already pretty much dismissed it. And to be honest, I always thought it was a little odd that Deathstroke, a world-class assassin, kept getting his butt kicked by a bunch of teenage heroes time and time again. The direction of this book has nothing to do with changing TEEN TITANS. That's another book with a different editorial team. This book isn't meant to change or "fix" other titles. It's just focusing on Deathstroke.

And I'm not saying you're not entitled to your own opinion. It's just draining seeing so many people, not just you, immediately go on about how disappointed they are with everything. I guess I just remember when people got excited and there was a more positive atmosphere around.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: I know, but it's not him I have a problem with, it's the way DC has been handling the character. I love Mr. Daniel, he's one of my favorite artists, and I'm sure he's done some of his best writing with the book, but that's not what I have a problem with. All I want is for DC to start using the character correctly again. I'm still going to but it and hope for the best.

@g_man said:

And to be honest, I always thought it was a little odd that Deathstroke, a world-class assassin, kept getting his butt kicked by a bunch of teenage heroes time and time again. The direction of this book has nothing to do with changing TEEN TITANS. That's another book with a different editorial team. This book isn't meant to change or "fix" other titles. It's just focusing on Deathstroke.

That's another problem, people not taking the Teen Titans seriously. We both know better then that, they're one of the greatest teams in all of comics. Deathstroke was the ultimate foil for them, and in tern the Titans challenged who Deathstrok was as a person. Their relationship was on par with Superman and Lex Luthor, or Batman and the Joker. Besides some of the best characters and stories in comics have been centered around teens.

Other then this book (which I will give a chance to) I try to be positive. My favorite hero is Captain Marvel, one of the kindest and most positive heroes in all of comics, and I try to emulate that every day, it's why I enjoy working with kids.

I just want Deathstroke to be used correctly, nothing more.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds cool. I'm hyped for this and the MK X comic, LOTS of violence coming from DC!! Yes

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: I may be a little sour on Deathstroke, but I am super pumped for an MKX comic. I do wish it was a print comic, but I'm still excited none the less.

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very excited for this. It's possibly the best a Deathstroke book has ever looked and Daniel sounds like he knows what he's doing with this story. Come on Oct 22nd.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@fallingcliffs: I may be a little sour on Deathstroke, but I am super pumped for an MKX comic. I do wish it was a print comic, but I'm still excited none the less.

It will be in print, I asked Shawn on his twitter, ;) he said first digital then print no worries.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: Perfect, hopefully this will get more people in stores. I've been saying for the longest time DC needs to make MK comics (since the only MK comics came from the 90's and were not very good) now we will finally have them. Super happy Ivan Reis will be doing the cover work, and I cannot wait to start reading.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@captainmarvel4ever: Same here, as soon as WB bought the rights to MK and since they've owned and probably always will own DC I said DC or Vertigo HAS to make a canon, future MK comic! I hope Shawn doesn't hold back with the MK characters either, make them do crazy stuff lol that they're more than capable of doing. The games have limited time and such but in comic form you can do sooooo much lol. I know right?! Me too. And the artists are seriously awesome, big DC fan here and JL as you may know and I love Ivan's work as well.

Some think who knows maybe we'll also get a future crossover series too with MK vs. DC again like the game and DC vs. MOTU, never know ;) Now I officially feel DC should make MKU one of the New 52 Earths IMO. How cool would that be? lol

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

I'm crossing my fingers it's really good.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Bring on the violence! Can't wait for this to come out next week!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.